0.1 «Emerson Samuels»

[edited]

"EMERSON SAMUELS!" My mother yelled from downstairs, "GET YOUR ARSE DOWN HERE NOW!"

"I'm coming! Chill out!" I yelled back. I rushed to my bathroom, quickly running a brush through my hair. Thank God it was cooperating today. I quickly looked in the mirror at myself. I was wearing skinny jeans and a black shirt. My straight brown hair cascaded down past my shoulders. I glanced at my streak of blue hair, pushing it back behind my ear.

I grabbed my gym bag as well as my regular backpack. I sprinted down the wooden stairs, causing myself to trip on the last one. I felt my face hit the hard tile of the kitchen. I heard my brothers laughing. God, I was such a klutz.

"Dumbass," I heard my brother Evan say from his place at our breakfast bar. I sat at the bar stool next to him, and punched his arm. He yelped in pain and I smiled in satisfaction. Serves him right.

My other brother Elliot laughed at the both of us. He was the mature one of the three of us, but even that wasn't much. All three of us were certified idiots.

I grabbed a pear from the bowl on the counter. God, I was starving. As I was enjoying my small breakfast, our mom began to talk, "Emerson, make sure you eat enough, alright? And do you have your kit with you?"

I nod, "Always do, mum."

"Alright, you three. Are you excited for your first day of school in America?"

No one answered, but she continued, totally unfazed. My mum was one of those super optimistic people who always had a smile on their face. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it could just get annoying sometimes.

"Wonderful! Make sure you stay together and look out for each other. I know you guys weren't thrilled about this move but can we please make the best of it?" she said.

All three of us nodded solemnly.

"Oh, yes, one more thing. Emerson and Evan, stay out of trouble. You two do not need another suspension on your records. You already have three," she pointed out, exasperated.

Evan and I smirked at each other. Those suspensions weren't our fault, those kids totally had everything coming to them.

Nevertheless, we both nodded again to make our mother happy.

"Thank you so much. This move has been so hard for all of us. Your father and I just want to thank you for being so nice about it," she says, sighing and sitting at a stool on the edge of the counter.

"Don't worry, mum. We'll be alright," Elliot says, gently toughing mum's back. Kiss ass.
She smiles at us, then frowns again. "Oh my goodness! It's 7:30! You three need to get going or you'll be late!" she quickly stands up, and throws the car keys to me. Score! I got to drive!

"Mom, why does Emerson get to drive?" Evan whines.

"You drove when we went to the mall yesterday and Elliot drove the day before. It's my turn, genius," I retort, making him scowl at me.

"Bye my sweeties! Boys, look after Emerson, especially at lunchtime, " my mum exclaims again. She gives us each a peck on the cheek as we walk out of the kitchen.