0.35 «Grayson Dolan»

[edited]

I left Emmy's house at around the time Elliot and Evan got home from school. Ethan had come home with them, and I needed to get back to the house and talk to him about something.

"Bye, see ya later, Emmy," I say.

She gives me a kiss as I leave, and I'm sad when she pulls away, giving me a sly smile.

I walk past the two houses in between ours, and unlock the front door, announcing that I'm home. 

I go straight up to the hallway that Ethan and I share, and into my bedroom to change first into some plaid pajama pants, and then knock on Ethan's door.

"Come in."

I find him sitting at his desk with a stressed look on his face towards the binder in front of him. "Biology, huh?"

"You guessed it. What's up anyway, bro."

I shrug, "Nothing. I just wanted to ask you something."

"Oh yeah. Me too. How did the day with Emmy go?" he raises his eyebrows suggestively. I hit up on the head.

"Ow," he groans, "Excuse me for asking, jeez."

"It was really great, actually," I add.

"Good, good. So, what'd you want to ask me," he spins around in his chair. I stop him mid-turn with my leg, staring right at him. He takes the hint that I want to ask something important and adopts a serious expression on his face. 

"Uh, I was just wondering. I know this may sound a little creepy, but I swear I don't mean anything by it," I warn him.

"Just spill it already, Gray!"

"Um...did you and Addi go, ya know, all the way?"

He freezes for a second, alarming me. His face remains expressionless, "Why do you want to know?"

"Eth, you act like I'm going to tell Mom. It was just a question."

"To be honest, we did," he smiles, thinking of the memory, "But why are you asking?"

I hesitate, "Because Emmy and I were thinking about it, but it just didn't feel right to me. That's the kind of thing you can never take back," I explain my thoughts.

"You're right, Grayson, and it was probably a good decision too," Ethan says, "That feeling needs to be spontaneous between the both of you. If it isn't, then the time just ain't right and it's almost like your forcing it, which is not cool."

"Really?" I'm relieved, "So it wasn't wrong of me to stop the moment or anything?"

"Of course not. If your not ready, you're not ready. Simple as that. If Emmy felt this way instead of you, she'd want the same respect."

"Oh, thank God. So, how was it?"

He laughs, "I'm not sure how to describe it. It was just nice."

"Nice? You've had a crush on Addi since third grade and sex with her was nice?!"

"Oh, shut the hell up," he cries, pushing me out of his room while laughing with me. 

I go back to my own room, and can't stop thinking about what Ethan was saying. The moment had to be perfect, and we both had to feel it. It couldn't be planned, especially for a first time. 

Is it bad that I wanted the moment to come soon?

~  ~  ~  ~

just a filler. more to come.

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: New Perspective

ARTIST: Panic! at the Disco