0.19 «Grayson Dolan»

[edited]

Emerson and I ended up sharing a room, which was kind of awkward. I mean, I did like her and all, but it wasn't like I could do anything.

Back at the hotel after dinner, I changed into some Adidas sweats and laid down on the right side of the bed. 

I was checking my Snapchat, and came across Ethan's story. There was a picture of Emmy and I sleeping, with her head lying on my knees. My arm was around her hips, gripping her tightly.

I remember doing that in the car when she fell asleep. She had looked so peaceful, and I had kissed her forehead lightly. I had so desperately wanted to kiss her lips, but I was afraid she might wake up.

Now that I had the green light from Elliot and Evan, I planned to ask her out.

*  *  *  *

I woke up the next morning, and found the bed next to me empty. 

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty," I heard Emmy yell. I grunted as she jumped on top of me. 

"My God, you're just like Ethan."

"HEY!"

"Don't worry, I like you," I grinned.

"Ooh, Ima tell Ethan," she taunts, running around the room.

I laugh at her childishness. "So, why so happy this morning?"

"Because we're, GOING TO THE STATUE OF LIBERTY!" she shouts.

"Alright, alright, calm down," I say, "I'm getting up."

"Ok, cool. I'll get dressed and you go to the bathroom."

I washed my face and brushed my teeth, and then get dressed in black jeans and a red sweater with brown casual boots. I put on my winter jacket because it was no doubt going to be chilly outside.

I found Emerson wearing pretty much the same outfit as me. She had a smile on her face, "Come on, they're waiting in the hallway."

"Sorry, I wasn't aware I was making everyone late."

"Oh, shut up."

She dragged my hand and pulled me out of the room and into the corridor, where everyone already was.

We stopped for a small breakfast at a local cafe, and headed back to the parking garage to the car. 

Emerson sat in the front seat since it was her turn to drive. "Ok, Emmy, go straight and then turn right onto FDR Drive," Elliot directs.

Emmy does as he says, continuing on 34th Street.

"Hey, look, the Empire State Building!" Addi points out her window. 

We all look where she's pointing. Sure enough, there stood the magnificent building, towering over the rest of the New York skyline.

"EMMY!" 

The car swerves suddenly, causing me to flail forwards. I hear a loud honking sound. The seat belt stops me midway, choking my neck. We stop on the side of the road. 

"What the hell happened?" Ethan asks.

"EMMY, DON'T LOOK OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW WHILE YOU'RE DRIVING," Elliot yells.

"Well, don't grab the wheel from me, Elliot," she protests.

"WOULD YOU RATHER WE CRASH?!"

"No, I would rather you stop shouting at me."