0.10 «Grayson Dolan»

[edited]

It was Friday, and Emerson was coming over again after school today. I had set up the scanner for us to do the final part of our project this morning, so all we had to do was scan it and send it to our teacher.

I waited for Emerson after school. She gave me a small smile. "Ready to work?"

"Yeah. Let's go." We began walking towards our neighborhood. We made it to my house and went up to my room, where we immediately began to work.

When we had scanned Emerson's sketches into the timeline and finally added my paragraphs about culture in there, we both stretched back in our chairs.

"WE DID IT!" she yells, holding up her hand for a high-five.

I laugh, "Finally," I slap her five, and we share a smile.

"Wanna watch a movie or something?" I ask, "If you don't have to be home or anything."

She grins, "Uh, sure. I don't have to be home for a while," she shrugs.

"Race you to the living room!" she shouts, taking off out of the room and down the stairs.

"HEY! Cheater!" I run after her.

I catch up to her, and grab her by the waist. Tingles go up my arms, and as cliché as this may sound, I feel sparks. She squeals in surprise. Her skin feels so soft and smooth as I rub my hands on it, and I momentarily freeze. I feel her tense up under my touch.

I quickly let go, and rub the back of my neck in nervousness. She awkwardly sits down, and I beside her. She shakes her head and smiles at me. She forgot about it that quickly? Did she not have the same feeling as me? I knew it, she didn't like me like that. She probably liked Max.

We pick a movie to watch and I grab some popcorn, which we share from the bowl.

Halfway through the film, I hear the front door open and close, and Ethan comes in. I stand up, but am quickly knocked down to the ground.

"GRAYSON!" Addi yells from on top of me, her melodious laugh echoing throughout the room.

"Hey, Addi. You're excited today," I say.

"Yes, Grayson. Ethan and I went to the beach, and it was freezing cold, and Ethan kept screaming about how his nipples were gonna freeze and fall off, and-"

"Okay, that's enough," Ethan interrupts hurriedly.

"So, what're you doing, G?" she puts her hands on her hips and stand in front of me. I laugh at how she tries to be tall.

"Oh, I was working on my project with Emerson, and we were just watching a movie."

"Emerson?" Addi furrows her eyebrows, turning around to where I'm pointing, where Emerson is awkwardly standing there.

Addi beams when she sees her, "Oh my God, you're Emerson?! Ethan and Grayson told me all about you! You're so pretty, I need your hair!" she squeals.

Emerson looks kind of taken aback at Addi's bluntness. She probably isn't used to people talking so loudly or so quickly.

"Uh, hi," she gives a small smile. She turns to me, and gives me a 'who is this crazy bitch?' look.

I laugh, "Emerson, this is Addi. Our best friends from since we were kids. She's back from Minnesota right now," I explain.

Addi drapes her arms around our necks. "You're friends with these two idiots as well?"

Emerson laughs, "You could say that."