0.8 «Grayson Dolan»

[edited]

Sunday was really fun. Ethan had called Addi and invited her over, and I invited the Samuels'. When only Elliot and Evan showed up, I was a little disappointed. They had told me that Emerson was out with Max Harper. Since when were they even friends?

I was currently getting ready for the Halloween party. I had begun getting my suit on and applying my makeup. I covered my face in white, with black around the eyes and red around my mouth for the smile.

I ran downstairs, where Ethan was waiting.

"Hey, bro. Evan text you?"

"Yeah. They just left the house."

Right after that, we heard a honk, and saw the Samuels' car outside. I climb into the backseat next to Emerson. I couldn't really tell what she was, but she still looked beautiful.

We made it to Tommy Anderson's house in about ten minutes, and went inside. It smelled of old alcohol and the music was pumping so loudly. Red Solo cups littered the floor, and shouting surrounded us.

Elliot, Evan, and Ethan ran off in a random direction. They would soon be drunk. Emerson had walked off somewhere before I could talk to her. I saw her red hat in the distance, and tried to maneuver through people to get to her.

I found her sitting on a couch, laughing with some boy. I looked closer, and saw it was Max Harper. I guess they really were friends.

I walked away, hurt. I knew she and I weren't dating or anything, but I still felt upset seeing her with another guy.

I went through the kitchen and into the backyard, which was even worse than inside. I walked to where people were dancing, and started dancing with a girl dressed as Catwoman. She was very pretty, not gonna deny it, but I just couldn't stop thinking about Emerson.

We danced for a while, until she went off with some of her friends. Ethan came up to me, and we began talking.

"What have you done, dude?" Ethan asks, taking a drink from his cup.

I shrug, "Nothing, really. You?"

"Dude, there was this freshman who was playing an epic game of truth or dare, and his dare was that he had to run naked down the street with a pumpkin on his head-" Ethan is laughing so much he can't finish the story.

"Ethan! Grayson!" I hear someone yell. I look and see Emerson running towards us, a worried expression on her face. She's panting hard, and I immediately begin to panic.

"What's up Emerson?" Ethan asks.

"Elliot and Evan are in a fight," She explains, "Please....help me.....before something happens," she pleads.

Ethan and I run after her into the house, and into a room where a crowd is gathered. We push our way to the middle, where four people were in a heated fight. Two of them were Elliot and Evan obviously, and the other two were basketball team stars Isaac Reynolds and Sam Goldberg. Each pair was strong, and honestly, the scale could tip either way.

But we wanted to stop this fight before that happened. Ethan ran to Elliot's side, and I did the same with Evan. I saw Emerson right behind me. I was trying to push Evan away from Sam, who he was determined on pummeling in the face.

Emerson attempted to help me. She forced herself between the two. Big mistake on her part. Since both parties were drunk and confused, Sam's fist landed on her jawline, and she fell to the floor.

Sam stood still, and so did Evan. Collective gasps came from the crowd. Sam looked confused. I saw nothing but red. I was furious. Before I knew what was happening, I had tackled him to the ground. I was so mad! He had hurt Emerson. I didn't care how drunk he or how he didn't mean to. He had no excuse.