0.6 «Grayson Dolan»

[edited]

Halloween was coming up soon, and Ethan and I were going to a party thrown by one of our friends on the football team. Elliot and Evan would be going, but I wasn't sure about Emerson.

I had begun to really like her. I had known her for a short time, but there was something about her. She wasn't like other girls I've dated. She was nice and sweet, and really fun. She was laid-back and smart, and I couldn't stop thinking about her.

"Hey, Gray," Ethan said coming into my room Saturday morning.

"Hey, Ethan," I replied.

He sat down on my bed next to me. "I'm going shopping to get some stuff for Halloween. Wanna come?"

I nod, "Sure. But I thought you finished your costume."

"I did, but I know that you still need to get some stuff for yours, and besides, Mom wants us to get some candy."

"Ok. I'll get ready," I say. He goes to his own room to get dressed. I run to my closet and grab a green sweater and black sweats. I put on a grey snapback and black Vans. I ran downstairs, and Ethan joined me a few minutes later, and we both headed out to the car.

Ethan stopped at Starbucks, and we both ordered pumpkin spice lattes. Ethan of course had to Snapchat it. We jammed to music until we made it to the nearest grocery store.

Ethan jumped into the cart, and I pushed him to the candy aisle, both of us laughing like idiots. People were staring at us, but we were used to it by now and didn't care anymore.

I started grabbing bags of candy. Candy corn was obviously a big one. We also grabbed Snickers, Twix, M&Ms, Kit Kats, and Starbursts. Ethan threw a large bag of lollipops into the cart, pretending to be a basketball star.

I was still grabbing candy like a deprived child, and Ethan was Snapchatting me. We both couldn't stop laughing. I grabbed one final bag of Almond Joys and Mounds bars, then followed Ethan as we made our way to the cashier.

We paid for everything and went out to the car, putting all the bags in the trunk.

"Where to next, dude?" Ethan asks.

"THE COSTUME SHOP!" I yelled loudly, and he laughed.

We went to our local costume shop. I loved this place. It was so cool. It was open all year for different occasions and such, but it had the best stuff around this time.

We walked in. It was a small dark place, but was filled with lots of strung lights that changed colors every few minutes, almost making you feel like you were at a party. But instead of drunk people dancing on each other, you were surrounded by skeletons and mannequins dressed in dark robes and creepy clown masks, perfectly decorated for the upcoming holiday.

Since I was going as The Joker, I was going to need some face paint. I had already bought the purple suit and green button-shirt, as well as some simple black dress shoes.

I left Ethan to browse, and went off to the makeup and accessories area. I quickly found the white face paint I would need, and grabbed a lot of that. I also bought some black for the eyes and red for the infamous Joker smile.

After I was finished, I paid and Ethan and I headed back home, where we each went to our rooms.

We ate lunch about an hour later, and decided to go long-boarding. We grabbed our boards and helmets, and raced down the driveway, trying to see who could make it to the finish line – the playground at the neighborhood park – first.

We made it to the small skating area, and Ethan immediately ran down the half pipe. I joined him and we switched sides, slapping a high five as we did.