0.24 «Emerson Samuels»

[edited]

The next day at school, Ethan and Grayson frantically ran up to me as I'm at my locker.

"Emmy! You have to help us!"

"Hey, guys. What's up?" I smile.

"Emmy! Addi found out about our YouTube channel, and now she's mad at us." Gray says.

"So?" I'm confused at this point.

"We hadn't told her about any of our social medias, and she's pissed that she was in some videos, including maybe a prank video," Ethan replies, neither he or Grayson making eye contact.

"Hold on a sec. You guys hadn't TOLD HER?!" I cry, flailing my hands.

People from the hallway are now staring at us, and attempting to listen to our conversations, so I pull the twins down the hall and to a quieter place. 

I look closely at their faces. They have obvious looks of guilt. 

"Explain," I say calmly.

"Alright," Grayson begins, "So when we saw Addi again that day at the skate park, she didn't even once mention knowing who we were, so we decided to play along with that. She didn't know, and we didn't bother to tell her. We really just didn't want her to treat us differently."

"But," Ethan continues, "That's all come back to bite us in the ass. She now hates both of our guts, and she broke up with me."

"SHE DID?!" I shout, once again causing people to look towards us.

"Emmy," Grayson hisses, "Could you possibly keep it down? We don't need the whole state knowing."

"Sorry," I apologize, "She really broke up with you, Eth?"

"Yeah," he nods his head sadly, "She barely gave us a chance to explain or apologize. Emmy, we really want to fix this."

"So what do you two want me to do. If she didn't listen to you, I doubt she'll care what I say," I argue. It's not that I didn't want to help them out, I was just afraid that after all this Addi would be mad at me too, and I seriously didn't want that.

"Please," they begged, "Can you at least try. Tell her that we're sorry and that she means the world to us. Please."

"Have you called or texted her at all?"

"No answer. She hasn't even opened the texts."

"Alrighty then, I'll see what I can do. I'll talk to her after school."

"Thank you so much," they smile gratefully, choking me in a big group hug.

We part as the bell rings. Grayson gives me a kiss on the cheek before running off to his chemistry class, and I make my way to gym.

*  *  *  *

After that school day ends, Max runs up to me in a rush. 

What is it with people running up to me today?

"Max, please don't tell me you have a problem you need help with too," I say, groaning.

"What? No," he looks at me in confusion, "I just wanted to remind you that the both of us are staying after school tomorrow with Coach to get in some extra practice for state."

"Oh shit. I totally forgot. Alright, guess I'll be there," I say. 

"OK, see ya," he waves, walking away.

I run to the car, where Elliot and Evan are waiting. "Took you long enough."

"Oh shut up and drive. I have things to take care of," I retort.