0.9 «Emerson Samuels»

[edited]

I was struggling to get Elliot's tall, lanky body out of the car. He was flailing his limbs everywhere, and saying some weird gibberish.

"Come on, Elliot!" I grunted, throwing his arm around my shoulder and pulling him out of the backseat.

"Emmy?! Did you see me? I was on fire! I was an amazing vampire! This girl was totally into me!" he says.

"Great job, bro!" Evan calls to him, making me laugh.

I continued to drag Elliot. Damn, when did he get so fat? I heard an all too familiar beep come from under my shirt. Oh no. I had to get these two up the stairs quickly and get myself some insulin or all three of us would be in trouble.

"El, bro, you're going to have to walk more on your own, buddy."

"I AM, EMMY," he says, his voice rising up and down.

We made it to the front door before Evan started hollering from the car, "EMMY, don't leave me here! Please! There's a scary man!"

I couldn't help but laugh. These two were absolutely insane when drunk. My sensor beeped again, and I began to move quicker. I set Elliot down in the living room, and ran outside to get Evan, who was still yelling. "Evan, shut up!" I hissed. It was late at night, and I did not feel like waking up the whole neighborhood.

He ignored me. "Evan, if you don't shut up, I will tell Dad about this!"

That made him shut his mouth real quick. I slung his arm over my shoulder, and used all my strength to support him out of the car. We made it to the front door, and I set him down right next to his brother.

I rushed upstairs to get my kit, and quickly fumbled with the syringe until I got it right. After injecting myself, I breathed deeply for a few minutes before going back down to get those two drunk assholes.

I got Elliot and Evan to their shared room, and laid them down on their beds. I rummaged through their dresser drawers, and found two pair of sweatpants.

"Can you guys put these on by yourselves, or...." I trail off.

"YES WE CAN!" they say quickly.

I laugh, "Alright, I'll be right back. You two change and wash your faces," I tell them.

I go to the kitchen and get two waters. I also go through the medicine cabinet and manage to find some Advil.

"Okay, I'm back," I say, walking into their room. Both of them are fast asleep on their beds. I laugh. I leave the water and Advil on each of their nightstands, then go to bed myself.

*  *  *  *

The next morning, I wake up to two yelling boys. "EMERSON!" I hear Evan yell from their room. I quickly run to them, "What's wrong, guys?"

"Emmy, my head is killing me!" Elliot shouts.

I laugh, "That's because you guys are dumb. Don't drink that much, especially on a school night, bro."

"HELP, HELP!" the pleaded loudly.

"Take this," I give them each the Advil pill and water from their nightstands. "I'm going to go to school. I honestly don't think you'll be able to do anything, so I'll let you skip this one day. I'll make you guys some breakfast and then you'll go back to sleep, okay?"

They both nodded. I went to the kitchen, and made them scrambled eggs and got two glasses of orange juice. They were quickly devoured when I brought them back up.

After my brothers were both fast asleep again, I finally got dressed. I wore a black skirt and plain white crop top, with a blue leather jacket on top of it. It was fall, but the weather was really nice today.