0.29 «Grayson Dolan»

[edited]

I had just confessed my love for this beautiful girl in front of me, but she hadn't responded.

I was scared. Had I spoke too early? Did she not feel the same way as me? If she didn't, yes, I would be upset, but I would respect her decision.

"I love you too."

What? She loved me?

I smiled. I couldn't really do anything else. I was on cloud nine, and nothing could ruin my mood.

An hour later, I say that I have to go home. Emmy urges me to stay longer, but I say how I have to go check on Ethan, and she immediately agrees, kissing me goodbye.

"Ethan? You here?" I shouted up the stairs.

No answer.

"ETHAN!"

Still nothing. OK, this was weird.

I walked into his room, where I found him lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Bro, you dead?" I joke, but am still not totally sure. I mean, his eyes are open, but he's not moving at all.

"Hey, Gray."

"What's going on?"I ask, sitting next to him on the bed. He makes no attempt to sit up or even move over.

"Nothing," he sighs.

"Eth, what the hell is up with you?"

He sits up, and I can't really tell what his facial expression is. It's a mixture of sadness, anger, and frustration.

"I miss Addi," he pouts.

I'm tempted to laugh. "And?"

"And I want to hear her voice and play with her hair, and hold her in my arms. But I can't."

"Have you tried calling her?"

"You don't think that'd be too clingy. She just left this morning," he argues.

"Call her and ask her how her trip was. You know, make sure she got there safely and everything," I say.

"Dude, you are brilliant," he exclaims, jumping up. Now, he has energy.

"Whatever you say," I roll my eyes and laugh. I knew that I thought that Ethan was acting stupid right now, but I'm pretty sure if Emmy went away, I would be exactly the same, and maybe even worse.

~  ~  ~   ~

short but more stuff is coming.

also no song this time either. sorry :(