0.25 «Grayson Dolan»

[edited]

Ethan stayed silent on our whole walk home. He hadn't spoken much and when he did, it wasn't with his usual enthusiasm.

He went straight up to his room, closing the door behind him.

I knocked, opening it a crack, "Ethan we were supposed to film today because we have football tomorrow and photo-shoots all weekend," I say.

"I'm not really in the mood, Gray. Can we do it later?" he doesn't look at me.

"Eth, I know you're upset about the whole Addi problem, but it'll be ok, bro."

"BUT WHAT IF IT ISN'T, GRAYSON?!" he exploded suddenly, standing up. I jumped back quickly. I wasn't exactly scared, but I wasn't sure of what Ethan was capable of when he was angry.

"WHAT IF SHE NEVER FORGIVES US AND GOES BACK TO MINNESOTA? WILL WE EVER SEE HER AGAIN?"

I shake my head. I had been thinking of the same thing, but there was no need to think like that. After all, we still had a slight chance. Emmy could still convince her of something. 

"Bro, don't think like that. Addi could-"

"COULD?! I NEED BETTER THAN COULD, Grayson. I need a definite answer. I need my girlfriend back," he was yelling to himself at this point. 

I put my hands on his shoulders, "And I need my best friend back too, Ethan. But for the time being, I have my twin brother, and that's all I'm ever going to need, right?"

He looks up from the ground and at me, giving the smallest of smiles, "Thanks, Grayson. I really needed that."

"No problem."

"So, you wanna do that video now?"

I thought about it for a second, "You know what, Ethan? I think you need to relax a little. Just chill out for a few hours, and we'll do it later tonight. If we don't finish, we can do the rest tomorrow sometime."

"Sounds good."

I left his room, and went into my own. I was still extremely worried about him. Just because he had said he was fine, didn't mean he was. I knew my brother better than anyone, and he often left his emotions control him. I just hoped this problem was solved soon enough.

I got startled as my phone rang loudly. It was Emerson. I ran to it get it from the nightstand, "Hello?"

"Hey, Gray."

"What's up, Emmy? Any news?" I asked anxiously.

"So I just got finished talking with Addi, and I think I know what the root of the problem is," she tells me.

"WHAT?!" I yell in excitement.

"Grayson, chill the eff out. And go get Ethan. I wanna tell both of you guys."

"Oh, right," I mutter, and she laughs. 

"Gray, WHAT THE HELL?!" Ethan shouts as I barge into the room for the second time that day.

"Shut up and listen. It's Emmy," I explain simply, and he gets the message.

"Ok, here's what happened basically," she begins, "Addi is most upset that you guys didn't tell her."

"We already knew that, Emmy," Ethan says in a whiny voice.

"I KNOW, Eth-an," she says in annoyance, "That's why you should LET ME FINISH!"

"Sorry. Please proceed."

"That's what I thought. Anyway, Addi misses the days when you three were super close. When you were best friends. She wants that back."

"But what does that have to do with us telling her about YouTube?" I question.

"In her mind, if you guys were as close as you used to be in sixth grade or whenever, you would have told her right away."

Ethan looks to be deep in thought, "That's probably true. So what do you suggest we do, Emmy?"

"Well, you guys should be the ones to think of the specific plan, but I'll give you a general idea. Basically, do something to prove to her how much she means to you. How much you value her friendship. And do it quick, dudes. You don't have too much time."

"You can't tell us anything else?"

"Sorry, boys. It has to be you. Not only do you know Addi way better than me, it shows that it's from the heart if it's your original idea," she argues, denying Ethan's request.

"Thanks, Emmy," I tell her.

"Of course," she chirps, "If you guys need any help with anything call me, alright?"

"We will. Talk to you later," Ethan calls into the speaker.

"See ya later," she hangs up.

He stares at me, "Any ideas?"

I shake my head. We spend about ten minutes in that position, trying to think of anything. 

Suddenly, a plan comes into my head. I quickly tell it to Ethan, and he agrees that it could work.

Let's see how this goes.

~  ~  ~  ~

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: I Mean It

ARTIST: G-Eazy ft. Remo