0.11 «Emerson Samuels»

[edited]

Grayson and I finally finished our project, and I was pleased with the work we had done. I couldn't wait to turn it in on Monday.

"WE DID IT!" I yell, holding up my hand for a high-five.

He laughs, "Finally," slapping me five and grinning.

"Wanna watch a movie or something?" he asks.

I grin, "Uh, sure," I shrug.

"Race you to the living room!" I shout, taking off out of the room and down the stairs.

"HEY! Cheater!" he calls, and I hear him running after me.

I suddenly feel arms around my waist, and my shirt is lifted up slightly, where I can feel Grayson's cold hands on my skin. I squeal, and I shiver at his touch.

He quickly lets go, and rubs the back of his neck in nervousness. I awkwardly sit down, and he sits beside me. I shake my head and smile. I didn't want to forget about what just happened, but I knew I had to so Grayson and I could still be friends. I just really didn't want it to become weird between us.

We pick a movie to watch and Grayson grabs popcorn, which we share from a large bowl.

Halfway through the film, I hear a door open and close, and Ethan walks into the room. Grayson stands up, but is quickly knocked down to the ground in a blur.

"GRAYSON!" a girl yells from on top of him. Who is this? She wasn't the girl from the Halloween party, but was she girl who Elliot and Evan were talking about?

"Addi, you're excited today," Grayson says.

"Yes, Grayson. Ethan and I went to the beach, and it was freezing cold, and Ethan kept screaming about how his nipples were gonna freeze and fall off, and-"

"Okay, that's enough," Ethan interrupts hurriedly.

"So, what're you doing, G?" she puts her hands on her hips and stands in front of him.

"Oh, I was working on my project with Emerson, and we were just watching a movie."

"Emerson?" Addi furrows her eyebrows, turning around to where I'm standing.

Addi beams when she sees me, "Oh my God, you're Emerson?! Ethan and Grayson about you! You're so pretty, I need your hair!" she squeals and runs at me, her arms extended.

I'm kind of taken aback at her forwardness. Why is she so excited?

"Uh, hi," I give a small smile. I turn to Grayson, giving him a 'why is this bitch hugging me' look.

He laughs, "Emerson, this is Addi. Our best friends from since we were kids. She's back from Minnesota right now," he explains.

Addi drapes her arms around the twins' necks. "You're friends with these two idiots as well?"

I laugh, "You could say that."

Grayson loses his smile for a second, but quickly regains it. Huh. Wonder what's wrong.

"What do you guys wanna do?" Ethan asks.

Addi thinks for a second, then exclaims, "Let's play some games! What about Twister?"

I agree, and Ethan and Grayson follow suit. He gets the game box from the basement downstairs, and we set up.

"Who wants to spin first?"

Ethan volunteers, and grabs the spinner from the table, "Alright, people, get ready."

Each of us stands at one side of the mat, waiting for Ethan to start, "Right leg, blue."