0.17 «Grayson Dolan»

[edited]

I felt happiness inside as I watched Emerson's face light up. I was so glad she liked the concert tickets. It had been my idea when I asked Elliot and Evan about things she would like.

"Ok, who wants to go down to the basement?"

"Wait, wait, just one second. There's one more present," Ethan says.

"Where?" they all ask.

He pulls out a small envelope from behind him, and hands it to Elliot. Evan and Emerson look at the writing on the outside, To the 3 E's – Addi.

"She told Grayson and me to give this to you three," Ethan explains.

"That's so nice. Open it, El," Emerson says.

Elliot opens the envelope, and pulls out the three sheets of paper. All three of the triplets had confused looks on their faces.

"What is it?" Evan asks.

Elliot held the first paper up so they could read it. When they finally realized what they were, their faces were absolutely priceless.

"We're going to New York?"

I nod, grinning, "Over Thanksgiving break. Addi's dad pulled some strings at his company, and arranged this trip."

"Sweet!" Elliot and Evan cry, slapping each other five.

"That's awesome! When exactly are we going?"

"We're going the Friday after Thanksgiving. Since New York's not that far, we'll be driving in a rental van. We're staying for about a week."

After talking about the trip for a few more minutes, we four boys decided to hang out in the basement, while Emerson said she would catch up later.

When Ethan got up to go find the bathroom, I grabbed the controller to the game we were playing. As I was furiously jabbing the buttons, Elliot suddenly asked me, "Do you have a crush on Emerson?"

"What?"

"I said, do you have a crush on my sister?"

Where the hell had that question come from? As far as I knew, no one knew but Ethan, and he would never tell. So what set off this suspicion? Had I made it obvious?

"I-I don't k-know what y-you're talking-g about," I stuttered nervously.

Evan burst out laughing on my other side, "Dude, it's okay if you do," he said through his fit of giggles, "She likes you too."

"What?" I exclaim again.

"She has a major crush on you. And you're a pretty nice guy, so it's all cool. But if you ever get around to asking her, don't tell it was us who told you."

"Yeah, yeah. Of course."

"So, do you like her?" they pried more.

"Uh, yeah." I said quietly, not looking directly at them out of embarrassment.

"Grayson, dude, we just want you to know: you're a nice guy and all, and you're one of our best friends, but if you hurt Emerson in any way, we won't hesitate to beat your ass," Elliot says with a serious and threatening look on his face.