0.2 «Grayson Dolan»

[edited]

I walk into world history late. 

"Late again, Mr. Dolan," the teacher paused what she was saying and looked at me expectantly. I simply shrugged and took my seat. I could tell she was annoyed, but I didn't care at the moment.

She continued, "As I was saying, the last pair for this project will be...Emerson Samuels and....Grayson Dolan."

I looked at the British girl next to me and smirked. I knew that name sounded familiar. She was the girl I had bumped into this morning in the hallway. She quickly looked away as the teacher explained what we needed to do for our project.

"I want each pair to pick a country to research and present their findings in a creative way. The categories you can choose to research are listed here," she says, passing out a small yellow half-sheet.

I looked at Emerson next to me, and found her focused on reading the paper. She looked really cute when she was concentrating. I laughed silently at her furrowed eyebrows, and she looked at me.

"So, any ideas for this project?" she asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders, "None at the moment, but you could come to my house tomorrow to brainstorm some and maybe start working," I suggested.

She thought about it for a minute, then nodded her head, "Alright, sounds good."

"Hey, give me your phone," I said.

She hesitated for a while, but then pulled her phone out of her back pocket. I quickly typed my number into her contacts, and handed it back to her. She gave me a small smile as she walked out of the classroom. Well, that was interesting.

I gathered my belongings and made a stop at my locker before heading to the boys' locker room on the south side of the school. I met up with Ethan, as we both changed into our football uniforms.

"Hey Gray, did you see the new guys on the team?" he asked me as I was adjusting my shoulder pads.

I shook my head, "No, didn't even know we had anyone new. They any good?"

"Not sure, but get this, they're identical twins."

I laughed, "Bro, we're twins too. What's so amazing about it?"

"I'm serious Gray. These two are like clones of each other. I don't know who's who."

I laughed again, "Let's go see these identical twins, then."

We made our way onto the field, and I could quickly tell what Ethan was talking about. These two looked like replicas of each other. I got closer to where the coach was introducing them to the rest of the team, who were standing in a huddle.

"Alright, team. These are our new teammates. I'll let them introduce themselves," Coach said, gesturing with his hand towards the two guys.

"Um, hi. I'm Elliot Samuels and this is my brother and best mate Evan. We just moved here from London," the one on the left said.

The other one - Evan - gave a small wave. Our coach spoke again, "The funny thing is, now we have two sets of twins on the team. The other pair are our co-captains, Ethan and Grayson," he said, pointing to where Eth and I were standing.

They smiled slightly, and looked at each other. I studied their faces, and I really couldn't find any differences. They both had the same brown hair and blue eyes. Their faces had the exact same shape from what I could see. I guess I would have to rely on their clothes each day to identify them. The only problem was that we were all wearing the same thing during football and both of their jerseys would say E. Samuels on the back. I guess we would deal with that later.