0.43 «Grayson Dolan»

[edited]

week two

A whole week had passed, and Emmy still insisted on going to school everyday. She gave us a scare last week, when she didn't return from her detention. Turns out she and Ethan ran off somewhere for five hours. 

Needless to say, it was an afternoon filled with worry. Mostly from me.

Emmy had apologized the next day by asking me on a date. I had agreed.

"Great," she clapped her hands, "It's next Saturday."

"Hold up," I grabbed her arm as she tried to walk away, "Where is it?"

"Uh, it's my a gala that my father is holding. It's for his new hospital that's opening in Jersey City. I'm being forced to go, so I thought it would be fun if you came too."

"So, I'm basically going to entertain you?" I grinned.

"Yep, pretty much. So...see ya later?"

I laughed at her randomness, "See ya later, Emmy."

*  *  *  *

And that's why I was currently struggling to tie this tie. I gagged as I nearly choked myself. 

"Grayson! What the hell is taking you so long?" Elliot called to me from the bathroom.

"This stupid tie!" The silky fabric kept slipping through my hands. Ugh. 

"Here," he came to me, and effortlessly tied it. He smirked smugly as I grumbled a thank you. 

I was getting ready with Elliot and Evan, and Emmy was in her own room. I watched as the two identical boys looked even more alike in their pressed black suits, and skinny gray ties over white dress shirts. Even their shoes and socks were the same. 

I was wearing a dark navy blue tuxedo suit, with a simple black bow tie. Dark red socks, and shiny black shoes were tightly on my feet. I had styled my hair flatly to the side. 

"You ready?" Evan asked. 

I nodded. 

Mr. and Mrs. Samuels had gone ahead of us since Mr. Samuels had to be there for set-up, and we had to leave soon, or we would be late. 

Elliot knocked on Emmy's door as we were walking downstairs, "Let's go, Em. Still have the drive."

"I'm coming, hold on a minute."

I heard the sounds of shoes and movement on the stairs, and looked up. My jaw opened in awe. 

There Emmy stood, looking as beautiful as ever. She wore a lavender, floor-length dress that made her look taller than she actually was. It hugged her slim figure, and the bottom flowed behind her as she walked. The thin straps sharpened her shoulders and collar area, and the medium neckline dove, exposing a little cleavage. A long slit in the gown showed off one of her legs.

Her long brown hair that was normally straight cascaded down her shoulders and back in glorious waves, and it almost seemed to shine. Finally, she wore minimal makeup that complimented the rest of her outfit.

"Alright, I'm here," she smiled at me.

We followed her brothers out to the car, the both of us holding hands as we sat together in the back.

As we were on our way, I leaned to whisper in her ear, "You look really gorgeous tonight."

She grinned, "Thanks, Gray. You look great in that suit," she kisses my lips quickly, making sure to be quiet as not to alert Elliot and Evan in the front seats.