0.18 «Emerson Samuels»

[edited]

I zipped my suitcase up, pushing my clothes down to the bottom.

"Emmy! Let's go!" Evan yells at me, holding his own suitcase.

I threw on a hoodie and dragged my bag down the stairs, where Evan had beat me and was waiting with Elliot by the front door.

We were going to New York today. Addi's dad, Mr. Peterson, had rented a minivan for us to drive since it wasn't far enough for a plane. He was also the one who had made reservations at the hotel and all the things we would be doing. 

"Ethan just texted me. They're ready," Elliot tells us.

"Alrighty then," Evan and I agree.

We said goodbye to Mum and Dad and walked out into the crisp, early, November morning air. There was a slight breeze, and I needed to be in a warm car. Stat.

We made it to the Dolans' driveway, where Ethan and Grayson were loading luggage into the trunk.

Once all the bags were nicely fitted, we all hopped in. Since Elliot was the eldest of all of us, it had been voted that he would take the first driving shift. I did not plan to drive at all. Road trips were exhausting enough just sitting in the backseat.

Evan was in the passenger seat, and Ethan was in the middle row. Addi would join him there once we picked her up. And in the way back, Grayson and I were sprawled on the three-seater, a blanket and two pillows in-between us.

Addi came running out of her house as we pulled up. "Hey guys," she smiled, sitting next to Ethan. He gave her a kiss, making her giggle. I smiled at how cute they were. 

"ROAD TRIP!" Elliot shouted, honking the horn loudly and startling everyone in the car. 

"Elliot, shut the hell up! People are still sleeping!"

"It's 11am on a Friday," he countered.

"Yeah. The day after a major holiday. Shut it."

We started driving on the interstate, and I was just trying my best to read my book over the annoying rap music the boys were playing.

I groaned outwardly, and Addi turned around to face me from her seat, "I feel you, Emmy. I'm trying to fall asleep, but these skinny jeans I so stupidly wore are uncomfortable."

I laughed, "I personally can't complain about comfort." I was wearing baggy sweatpants and a T-shirt, with a jacket on top. Not to mention my feet were resting nicely on the seat next to me.

When my brothers and the twins got bored with music, they turned the radio off and each turned to scrolling through their phones. Elliot and Evan were talking in the front seats, and Addi was asleep, while Ethan Snapchatted a picture of her.

And finally, Grayson was scrolling through his phone. I was waiting for us to stop for some food, and then I would certainly be going to sleep.

"Who wants to pee?"

All of us except Evan and Addi decided to go. I stretched my arms and legs as I climbed out of the car. 

We walked into the convenience, and I broke away from the Dolan twins and Elliot, and went to the food section. I had been told what each person wanted, and grabbed chips, cookies, granola bars, chocolate, and drinks. I met with them at the counter, where we paid and headed back out to the car.

Evan took his turn to drive, and Elliot now sat next to him. Ethan held the bags in the center, divvying the food among us. 

I leaned back with my cookies, listening to my music. I felt myself getting drowsy, and my eyes closing more and more until I was fast asleep.