0.20 «Emerson Samuels»

[edited]

After the amazing day at Liberty Island, the trip only got better. We dedicated one whole day to Chinatown, and another day to all the museums we could possibly visit. 

On another day, Ethan and Addi had wanted a day to themselves - doing God knows what - so Grayson, Elliot, Evan, and I had gone to a Rangers hockey game, and then all six of us had met up for dinner the same night.

That was already four days of our trip. The following day, we had toured through all of downtown Manhattan.

And finally, today. We had gone through Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Queens. It had been totally exhausting, especially since I had had to drive once again, with Elliot giving me directions.

I sat on the bed in the hotel room, feeling disappointed. We hadn't gotten to go the Empire State Building. While we were downtown, Evan had been a whiny little bitch and refused to wait in line. I was prepared to leave him outside and go, but I didn't wanna go by myself. I mean, what was the fun in that?

I scrolled through the pictures on my phone. I found one of me and Grayson in a cafe in the heart of Chinatown, each of us biting into a red bean bun. I laughed at Grayson's facial expression. He had hated the red bean paste. The cafe owner had looked seriously offended as soon as he spit it out, and didn't seem to accept his apology.

Another picture of was us at the hockey game. Before going, we had bought Rangers gear. I was wearing a sweater three sizes big, and a red, white, and blue hat over my hair. My brothers and Grayson were fully decked out like me. 

Grayson opened the door to the hotel room, coming back from his mission for snacks.

"No luck?" I asked.

He shook his head, "How is there not a vending machine on any of the four floors I checked?"

I shrugged as he sat by me on the bed.

"Hey, Emmy, I have an idea."

"Shoot."

"What if we go get something right now," he says, sitting in the same position as me.

"Didn't you already see that there was no food in the hotel?" I was confused.

"No, I mean, you and I go out into the city, right now."

"Gray, we're leaving early tomorrow morning, and besides, I think everyone's already asleep," I reason.

"Just me and you, Emmy. Come on, it's our last night in New York, the least we can do is stay out late," he whines in a cute voice.

I think about it for a moment, "Oh, what the hell? Let's go!"

He smiles, clapping his hands giddily, "Get dressed."

I do as he says, getting dressed in jeans, a long-sleeved shirt, and a winter jacket. Gloves and a scarf were now a necessity, so I put those on too. 

We walked down into the street, shivering as the cold, frosty air hit us. 

"I can't believe it's almost December," I commented.

"Me neither. Imagine, you came to our school in September," Grayson agrees.

I shake my head in disbelief, "You know, I thought I would hate it here."

"Why is that?"

"I didn't want to move. I mean, who does. When you've lived somewhere your whole life, you don't want that to change. And, it was America, you know. I've never been. I was excited, but dreading it at the same time," I explain.