▷▶Chapter 23◀◁

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

It's been four days since Monday, the big break up me and Natsu did with Sting and Lisanna. I looked out of the window in Gray's car.

"Gray-nii, don't you think it's scary?" I asked.

"What is?" He tossed a question back, his eyes never leaving the road.

"Well the fact that Lisanna hasn't done anything? It's like...she's waiting." I blew at the window and a cloud formed on it when the warm water vapour from my mouth condensed (A/N: hehe science).

"Don't jinx things, Lucy. Strauss might have learnt her lesson. Just focus on your life with Flame Brain." Gray stopped at the last traffic light.

I sighed and traced the name "Natsu" in the cloud on the glass window. "Shes capable of anything. The first time I saw her was for a brief moment, she's the daughter of Mr Alastair (A/N: made it up) Strauss. The property that they own don't show it, but recently the company is growing more successful. Besides, he's kind of like otou-sama's friend. She can manipulate otou-sama through her father. There's no telling what she can do."

Gray glanced at me for two seconds and I immediately wiped away Natsu's name. "I don't know, sis. But remember we're here for you. Even Laxus. He doesn't look like he cares for anything but athletic achievement and Mira, but in truth we are all his nakama. He fights for nakama. All of us do." Gray comforted as he took off at the green light. Before long, we stopped at the school gates and I got off first as usual. I entered the school and searched the hallways for my friends at their usual spot and they were there.

"Ohayo," I waved. They all acknowledged me with greetings of their own. But a particular pink haired dumbass was missing. I looked around for him and was about to ask where he was when something, or someone, hugged me from behind with one muscular arm and covered my eyes with his other broad hand. I breathed in. I stood still. This touch. This feeling. This sensation. This warmth. This mint scent. I laughed. "Natsu." "Bingo. How did you know?" Natsu removed his hand and laid his chin on my shoulder. "I'm smart." I grinned. "Awwww NaLu" my friends cooed. I glared at them but couldnt help smiling.

Juvia came up to me and tugged my sleeve. "Ano, Lucy-san? Gray-sama doko (A/N: I think it means where's Gray sama...)?" "He's coming," I reassured her. I looked over at Cana, who was spinning a booze bottle in one hand and staring at cards, sitting cross legged and leaning against the lockers. I wriggled out of Natsu's hold, earning a growl, and kneeled next to Cana. "What's that, Cana?" I asked curiously. She shook her head. "Something bad's gonna happen." She whispered. I was about to tell her it's probably a bunch of crap, but Erza took her seriously. "Cana, what do the cards say?" She questioned. I looked at Levy. "Oh, Cana is really good at reading cards. She has a special circuit connected to the future somehow; her card reading is very spot on, Lu-chan." She explained. "Oh." I mused.

"GRAY-SAMA ♡" Juvia squealed and gave Gray a bear hug as he approached. He hugged briefly back and Mira squealed. Gray then pried Juvia off him. Juvia pouted.

"Incoming." Jellal muttered. "What is?" Erza asked. "That." Laxus jerked a thumb at Vio, Arys and some of Lisanna's other friends. "They will probably ignore me as usual." I brushed it off.

Contrary to what I had thought, Vio barges right up to my face. I felt Natsu behind me, holding my shoulder. Aww how protective. This is why I love him.

"Message from Lisanna: In an hour, Heartfilia." She hissed into my ear and left. Natsu glared at her. "Bunny girl, what did she mean? 'In an hour'? What's going down in an hour?" He asked. Levy punched him. "She has a name. Lu-cy." "Got it, Shrimp." He rolled his eyes.

"I don't know. I just hope she doesn't have anything up her sleeve. At least she isn't in school..." I said in exasperation. "It's going to be fine, Lucy. We're here for you." Gray messed my hair up.