▷▶Chapter 34◀◁

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

After Natsu had recovered enough to eat late dinner, we watched a movie together, then he sent me back to Gray-nii's house.

~Gray's P. O. V. ~

"Ano Gray-sama, Juvia still feels a bit weird. Maybe Juvia drank too much booze." Juvia murmured. "All of us did." I reassured her and took a sip of root beer just as the door slammed open and I heard Lucy squeal "NII-CHAN". I spit out the whole mouthful of root beer and stared. "Lucy!" I got up and gave her a huge hug.

"Tadaima Nii-chan." She smiled, plopping on the on couch next to Juvia. "Hello Lucy-san" Juvia greeted. "Hi~" Lucy waved. "Bye Luce, love ya. See you tomorrow." Natsu snuck a peck on her cheek and left. Lucy kissed back and continued talking to Juvia.

"Lucy, I remember saying no lovey dovey in front of me." I asked. "Oh please nii-chan, don't act all big brother on me. So Juvia you actually accepted my stripper brother?" She continued. "Juvia thinks Gray-sama is perfect. Juvia doesn't mind that he strips." Juvia said while blushing.

I swear Erza's hair couldn't hold a candle to my face right now.

~Erza's P. O. V. ~

*sneeze*

"Oh my. The hangover hasn't cleared yet."

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

After Juvia left, I tossed on the bunk bed I shared with Gray-nii. "Lucy, you can't sleep? Wanna have the lower bunk?" Gray-nii called. "Nope. Just dreading school tomorrow." I answered. "Night." He said before falling silent. I sighed and decided to just close my eyes and try to sleep.

-timeskip, next day morning (Monday)-

"Nii-chan we're gonna be late hurryyyy~" I whined. Geez Gray took ages getting ready. And I'm the girl. Okay so he woke up forty minutes later than me. Still.

"I'm done. Let's go."

Once we reached the school, we headed to our friends. "Ohayou Lucy, want some booze? I have champagne, wine and" "No nope. Ohayou Cana." I interrupted Cana's greeting while she chugged down a bottle of champagne and picking up another. "Where's Mira?" I asked. Mira made me think of Strauss, which made me think of the plan that was to take place this Sunday. Way to go. "That's right, I haven't seen her in forever." Erza went into deep thought. "Juvia thinks we should see her after school." Juvia proposed. "Of course." Levy agreed.

"We'll go too. I'll ask Laxus." Jellal offered. Since there was morning assembly that day (A/N: I'm sorry I don't know how high school works I haven't gone there yet), we went to the hall and stood in clusters according to our classes.

"Everyone please keep silent and listen to the upcoming announcements. There will be a change in lunch hour, which will be one hour later. Schedule remains the same. All those in Mr Gildarts class of any subject, your lessons will be changed to study hall today. And here is the most important announcement of all: as everyone knows, it is our tradition to hold a Dance at the end of the year, so it will take place a month from now.

We have come up with a twist this year."

Carla-sensei paused dramatically.

"To enter the Winter Dance, you have to purchase a ticket for yourself. And should you want to go as a couple.....

.......THE GIRLS WOULD HAVE TO WOMAN UP AND ASK THE BOYS."

Silence.

~All girls' P. O. V. ~

"NANIIIIIII?!"

~All boys' P. O. V. ~

"YOSHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

"Hush, children. To get a ticket, please approach Mirajane Strauss, the child who came up with this wonderful twist, or approach Happy-sensei. They will gladly sell you these tickets. They cost five dollars each (A/N: I just had to....sorry about the 'dollars' and not 'jewels'). You can start today, and the closing day is a two weeks from now. Another change from last year is that this year, it will be similar to a masquerade. When you enter, you will get a mask from the ushers to wear. Attire: Formal. It will be at night from 6pm-12pm, inclusive of drinks and food. It will be held at the Magnolia Ballroom. That is all. For further information, please approach any teacher, or Mirajane. Thank you."

I swear what I just heard was one of the biggest traumas of my life. The first person to fly to my head was Natsu. I flushed and pushed him out of my mind, and stalked out with the leaving crowd towards my first class. I could feel Natsu's gaze on me and the weird tension between the couples. I groaned. Just great.

Once I got to class, the whole class was abuzz about who would ask who out. Girls were teasing each other mercilessly and boys were sneaking glances. I slumped on my desk. Not long later, Levy slipped into the seat next to me.

"What's wrong, Lu-chan?" She asked kindly. "I. Hate. These. Type. Of. Stuff. Its sooo hard and you might get rejected. I don't have the courage and bravery to ask Natsu." I complained. "You're obviously gonna ask him." Levy teased. "I'm seriously considering going alone. I rather keep my pride." I murmured, voice muffled by the hoodie I covered my head with.

"Ouch Luce that really hurt." I heard a masculine voice that held teasing in it. "Shut it Natsu." I muttered. "I'm sure you're never gonna be short of people who would ask you."

At that moment, Happy walked into the classroom and high-jumped onto the table. "Morning Happy-sensei" we chorused. "Today's lesson is: how to cook fish!!!!!! Yayyyyy!!!!!!!"

UGHHHHHHHH WHATS WITH THIS NEKO SENSEI AND HIS LOVE OF FISH HE MIGHT AS WELL BE TEACHING HOME ECONOMICS.

After class was over, I slouched out of class. Vio and Arys were busy talking on the phone with Lisanna and talking about the Winter Dance. I stifled a laugh. She won't be coming that's for sure. Vio and Arys then mentioned something about 'Natsu'. In fact lots of girls were talking about Natsu, Gray, Jellal, Gajeel, and Laxus, but most were focused on Natsu and Gray and Jellal. I groaned inwardly and shuffled off.

The rest of the day was a blur. All I heard about were the Winter Dance. I seriously can't take it anymore.

At the end of school, I walked out with Levy into the empty hallways. Everyone was probably mobbing Happy's office asking for tickets, and we were released late. When we turned the corner, we wish we never had.

We bumped straight into Erza and Juvia. Juvia was behind the wall and grabbing it so hard I was seriously concerned about the school property. Erza was shaking with anger and a dark aura surrounded her. Levy and I glanced at each other then peered to see what they were looking at.

Grrrr.

Our boyfriends were mobbed by shrieking girls. "GO WITH ME PLEASE" "SHUT UP HES GOING WITH ME" "GO WITH ME TO THE WINTER DANCE PLEASE" "BE MY DATE TO THE DANCE" "BITCH BACK OFF HE'S GOING WITH ME" "OH YEAH? HE WOULD CHOOSE ME ANY TIME"

I groaned again for the billionth time. Cana appeared and slung an arm around my shoulders. "Oooooh looks ugly. Booze makes things better." She offered champagne. This time I actually chug the whole thing down and savoured the light fizz and the apple taste. The girls turn wide eyed glances upon me. Then they scramble for Cana's beer bag and raided it for booze.

It actually made us feel better about the screaming fangirls.

Gomene, short chapter. Well shorter than usual. Btw, remember the first chapter when I said it was one week after the beginning of school when Lucy ran from home? I changed it to three months before end of the year. Just so I won't cause any confusion for the time line.

Thanks for reading and sorry for not updating yesterday 😓