▷▶Chapter 30◀◁

"Dear Lucy,

I have been a horrible father to you. What you and Gray said to me made me realize that. I regret treating you the way I did and I would love to make it up but I haven't got much time left.

A week before you ran away from home, I was diagnosed with second stage cancer. That was why I set you up with Sting Eucliffe--to ensure you had a lover, and could carry on the Heartfilia lineage. I would feel less worried knowing you had a husband before I died. But things did not go as planned; you left the household after I told you.

Lucy, I daren't ask for your forgiveness after all I have done to you. I admit to mistreating you. The way I abused you is unforgivable. But please promise me this: that you will live a happy life with that pink haired boy. I have two months left to live at the most.

And tell this to your brother: I was wrong for chasing him and your mother out that day. I never had the courage to call them back. I love him. He will always be my son. My pride.

And I love you Lucy Heartfilia. You will always be my daughter. My joy.

With love and hopes of forgiveness,

Jude Heartfilia."

I couldn't say anything. Lucy cried into Natsu's chest. I just crushed the letter, dropped it, and faced the wall.

Then I punched it.

"YOU F***ING WIMME OLD MAN? WHAT THE F*** IS THIS?" I shouted. Lucy walked towards me, wobbling. "Gray-nii.....otou-sama..." I embraced her fiercely and a single tear ran down my face. Sure he was the man I hated the most; he chased me and my mother out; but now....

Natsu kneeled and picked up the crushed letter. He read it.

"Wow." He whispered. He glanced at me and Lucy. "I'll leave now. See you guys tomorrow at 1pm. I'll bring the gang." He said before leaving.

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

After half an hour of sobbing on the couch, I pulled away and rubbed my face. "Gray-nii," I croaked, "what happens if otou-sama...." I couldn't bear to finish the sentence. I resented him; but....now that he is going to go for real...."He will either sell the house and company or he will give them to us." Gray answered. "Who gets it?" I asked again. "Depends on his will." He replied.

"I hate him but I don't want him to go." I whispered. "I know. Me too. Let's go see him tomorrow (A/N: Tomorrow is a Saturday)." Gray said. "Natsu's bringing the gang tomorrow." I told him. "We'll go and come back before 1pm." "Okay."

-time skip, the next day, 11am-

......and so here we are at Otou-sama's house. "Nostalgic much?" I asked Gray. "Yeah." He replied as we entered the gates. The servants were delighted at my arrival, but even more so at Gray's. "OH MY GOSHH GRAY-SAMA YOURE BACK!" They fussed over how tall and how handsome and how man he looked like. After we finally broke through, we made out way to the study, and saw Otou-sama on the desk poring over some paperwork.

He looked up and saw us. "Gray. Lucy. You have read my letter?" He asked calmly. "You never told me." I whispered. "You gave me no chance to." He said stonily.

I hate how he is so calm when he is the one who's going to leave. "You could have told me the very day you were diagnosed." I hissed. "Easy, Lucy." Gray patted my back and soothed me. "Otou-sama we came to see how you were doing. And to ask what is going to happen." Gray put forward, matching Otou-sama's cool. Three cheers for big brothers. "I have two months left, as I have said in the letter. Nothing is going to happen. I'll sell this company; the money will go to you 50-50. You will inherit this estate. However if you want to inherit the company as well I have no issue with that." He said coolly.

I really despised how he was so loving and warm in the letter but was cold and distant when he saw us face to face.

"How?" I said quietly. "Lucy." Gray placed a warning hand on my shoulder.

"How could you be so unfeeling? What did we ever do? You sounded like you actually loved us in the letter. But now you're treating us as some scum that entered your house without permission. WE ARE YOUR CHILDREN. HES YOUR SON. IM YOUR DAUGHTER. WE DON'T CARE FOR YOUR FORTUNE, WE JUST WANT A LOVING FATHER TO SHOW CARE AND CONCERN TO US." I shouted. Gray rubbed my back to calm me.

"I'm aware. I'm aware. The reason I put on this cold unfeeling mask is simple. I do not know how to express love the way everyone does. I do not have the courage to. I am harsh." He said quietly. "Start with a hug Otou-sama. Start with a hug. Start with "I love you"s. You have to start from somewhere." Gray proposed. Otou-sama walked slowly towards us.

He stretched his arms a little and was about to bestow upon us our first hug from him.

Then he fell to the floor.

"OTOU-SAMA!!!!!!!"

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

I swear shit just got real. First Luce's father says he has two months left, then he collapses when he was about to hug his children for the first time. This is crazy. Hopefully it's just a relapse. If it's anything more...I don't think Luce can take the shit right now.

Now it was 12pm. The gang arrived earlier since there was a change of plans. Laxus, Cana and Mira couldn't make it because they had things to deal with. I didn't blame them. Laxus was learning the ropes to take over Fairy Tail High since according to Principal Makarov "he needed years to be good enough". Cana was dealing with family matters and so was Mira, with the Lisanna fiasco and all. It was like a period of hardships and trouble for all of us.

Gray and Luce were standing side by side in front of the doors. "I've been in this sick place one too many times." Luce whispered. No one could say anything. They couldn't come up with any words of comfort, and they couldn't deny it either. Until the doctor came out and said the words none of us needed to hear right now.

"We did our best. But the cancer cells spread too fast and he hasn't been taking his medicine and hadn't been coming for his medical check ups. I'm really sorry."

Sorry I didn't update much yesterday...😢😢😢 I was busy the whole day I didn't get a chance to finish up the chapter...

And sorry for the short chapter too since I had to put the ending this way....😭😭😭