▷▶Chapter 44◀◁

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

After hanging in Natsu's house for a chit-chat session and dinner, everyone left, leaving me and Natsu on the couch. "Sooo what do you want to do now?" I asked.

"Make out." Natsu grinned.

"No." I said immediately. He pouted. "God kid what's with your obsession?" I laughed. "I wanna." He whined. "No." I said again, pushing his forehead away when a finger.

"Let's pop a movie in. Suggestion: romance." I got up, went into his room and started browsing through the CD rack.

"Since you rejected me, it's my call. Suicide squad. It's been sitting there since I bought it right after the release. Never got the chance to watch it with anyone. Let's watch it." He appeared into the room next to me and picked out a CD, slid the CD into the player and walked into the kitchen to make popcorn. I paused it at the beginning while waiting for him, and when he came back, I played it. We snuggled comfortably under a cotton blanket and in a beanbag with the bucket of popcorn resting on his lap. I hogged the blanket though. Sheesh it's close to winter and there isn't a fleece blanket in here.....

"Cold huh." Natsu snickered as I tucked the cotton blanket closer around me. I glared at him. "Shut up, why doesn't your house have a fleece blanket anyway?" "I never need it." Natsu grinned even more.

Tch.

Halfway through the movie I was tempted to just grab all the blankets in his house and dump them on me.

I reached for the popcorn, and my fingers brushed Natsu's. He stared at me, then grabbed my hand. "Damn Luce you're freezing." He whispered. "I was since the beginning of the movie." I whispered back, before turning back to the screen.

Then a silhouette blocked me and came closer until I could feel warm lips on mine.

I'm warm.

I completely forgot about the movie as I slowly sank in the warmth of the innocent gentle kiss. Natsu pulled away then nuzzled his face in the crook of my neck, draping one arm around my waist and rubbed my thigh with the other hand.

"Nat...su?"

"Shh. The movie, Luce, the movie."

We continued watching the movie in silence, but my attention was divided between the movie and the comfortable and soothing rub of Natsu's hand on my thigh.

"Luce."

"Yeah?"

"Still cold?"

"Nope."

"Then make me popcorn." Natsu grinned cheekily. I flicked his forehead and snuggled even deeper into the giant beanbag. "Nah. Make your own popcorn. The movie's almost ending anyway."....

.....was what I said, but in the end I had to go make popcorn while Natsu chose another movie. Dammit.

~Natsu's P. O. V ~

After Suicide Squad, we went on an unintended movie marathon, finally stopping when it was one in the morning. Luce already fell asleep half way through the last movie.

Awww she's drooling a little....even the way she snores gently and lightly are cute. Once the movie ended, I put the empty popcorn bucket in the sink and carry Luce bridal style, blanket in tow, and put her on my bed. Resting my head on the top of hers and my arms bringing her into my chest, I fell asleep.

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

Faint light pried my eyelids open. I looked around. It's five thirty now? Wait no, the sky colour is too light. I rolled over to check the clock.