▷▶Chapter 37◀◁

~Lucy's P. O. V ~

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, Gray's soft snores drifting from the lower bunk. I checked my phone. Sunday. 8:00am. Things are gonna go down six hours from now. You have no idea how much we planned....

*Lucy's flashback* (on Thursday)

"Mira, you're back!" I gasped in surprise as she entered my house. She walked up to me and hugged me, an air of melancholy swirling around her. "Lucy....Heartfilia. Gomenasai." She whispered. "I know. I know about it all. Mira. Listen. Whose side are you on?" I asked uncertainly. "LUCY, WHOS AT THE DOOR?" Gray's voice came from the shower. "ITS MIRA!" I yelled back.

"I may be from the Strauss family, but I know what my father is doing is not right. Elfman has tried to stop him, but was forced to return. None of us can control my father anymore. I'm here to warn you of his next actions." Mira looked downcast. I squeezed her into another hug and led her in just as Gray came out from the shower with nothing but pants on.

"Gray-nii, clothes." I said out of habit before reverting my attention back to Mira. "Lucy, my father will go and meet the current lady boss this Sunday, 9.00am. Your family's power is not enough; you're strong, but my father has resorted to teaming up with another company, the Browns (A/N: Sorry...this is an OC. Anyone with this last name, I mean no offence). The Browns are a powerful overseas company with many branches. My suggestion is to team with the Dragneels, the Locksers, the Fernandez and the Scarlets." Mira rushed through her words.

"No problem. I'll ask them to come over for a strategy meeting along with their parents tomorrow after school at my Father's house. Mira, you have to come too." I told her.

"Already on it." Gray told me, his phone jerking violently as he tapped on his keyboard swiftly, sending texts to our friends.

"I'll have to go now. Our family has so much issues with this upcoming gamble that I've been restricted from going to school. The only way I was allowed to go out was if I were to escape, which is how I'm here." Mira stood up and made a move to leave. As she stepped out of the house, I hugged her from the back. "Mira. You're not alone. We're here with you. We're your family." I whispered. She smiled.

"Something happened. Gray, Natsu and I fell from the rooftop, but Laxus saved us. You might wanna check on him." I continued.

She gawked at me. I laughed and closed the door gently.

"Our lives are complicated." Gray said, coming over and kissing the top of my head. "Cuz we can handle them, Gray-nii." I smiled. "Oh and, Lucy. Who's your date to the dance?" Gray asked.

"Haven't asked anyone yet." I muttered. "Wanna go with your nii-chan? Even though Juvia is going with me." Gray teased. I turned a wide eyed glance upon him. "JUVIA ASKED YOU ALREADY?" I screeched. "Yup. On Tuesday. In fact, on Thursday, Erza asked Jellal, and yesterday, Gajeel called me freaking out about Levy asking him through a phone call." Gray laughed.

"So that's how you know. No wonder you went for basketball just yesterday. You caught up on all this." I frowned. "Yeah. We were all pretty pumped up except for Natsu. He seemed pretty depressed. Every girl that walks up to him gets rejected and he's tired of saying no." Gray smirked to himself.

~Gray's P. O. V ~

(A/N: So there is gonna be a flashback in a flashback...that's really weird. In Lucy's flashback, Gray recounted his own flashback. If you're confused I'm really sorry....after Lucy's flashback ends, it is automatically in Lucy's P. O. V.)

*Gray's flashback* (short break during basketball)

"So how's it going Redfox?" I asked, emptying a bottle of water in five seconds flat. "Shrimp asked me two hours ago. I HAVE A DAMN DATE TO MY DANCE WHICH HAPPENS TO BE MY GIRLFRIEND" He roared and started cheering or something.