▷▶Chapter 32◀◁

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

"MOM?!" I yelped. I could feel something in my throat and tears threatened to spill. This was the woman that disappeared for years and left me with guilt. She's here. In front of me. Alive and well.

"Mom? Is that....you?" I whispered, not daring to trust this was real.

"My baby all grown up." She whispered back, crying tears of her own. "Here's not the place. Come with me." She pulled me out of the café.

We ended up in a building that I had never seen before. I looked around curiously as she brought me to this weird room.

"Meet him." Mom showed me to a man who....

Who........

"Reveal yourself, Heartfilia." Mom said.

Heartfilia?

"Heartfilia? What do you mean Heartfilia?" I asked.

The man took off his hat, similar to the one on Mom's head.

Oh my God.

"JUDE HEARTFILIA? WHAT IS....." I shouted.

Didn't he die? He died in front of all of us. HE FRIGGIN DIED WHATS HE DOING HERE?

"YOU DIED!" I yelled. "I didn't. It was a fake. I faked my death. The doctors and nurses were all in on it. Even Mr Hart." He replied calmly. Wow I get how Luce feels now.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU FAKED? YOU DIED RIGHT THERE. LUCE WAS CRYING AND GRAY WAS...." "Gray knew. I told him. Gray was aware of it the whole time." He stated.

I completely forgot about my mom for a moment. "EXPLAIN EVERYTHING." I snapped.

"I had to fake my death for some reason. But to prevent much from happening, I had to tell Gray, the doctors, nurses, whoever who was involved. Once my death was faked, I told Gray the procedures for my fake death. Instant cremation to prevent suspicion. "

"He....said he was arranging everything with everyone....." I butted in.

"They all know. The people that mustn't know are you and Lucy." He answered.

"Why?????" I groaned. So much confusion and so many questions.

"You, because you're closely linked to Lisanna, who has something to do with this, and because your mother is in on it. We had to wait until the time was right to tell you. Lucy mustn't know about this. Perhaps I should start with the reason why I had to fake my death.

I knew Alastair Strauss was after my company. To make sure nothing happened to it, I faked my death so I could watch the company without him knowing. Lisanna stabbing my daughter; it wasn't just her hate for Lucy, it was to rid potential people for a father who could take over the company. Gray wasn't targeted because he is the long lost son, most likely not next in line for the heir. It made me angrier and I brought the plan forward. I was contacted by your mother a month ago. She should carry on the story from here." Jude concluded, and motioned to my mother.

"That day, I didn't just disappear. I was taken. For years I was locked up, until I finally escaped. I learnt that the person who kidnapped me was sent by the Strauss family. I doubt the Strauss siblings know. They would have done something.

Alastair Strauss wanted to take over the Dragneel company. So first he took me as bait. When he realized none of you took it, thinking I died or disappeared, he used me as an information source. He didn't take it kindly when I refused to say anything. He would order his men to beat me to make me say what he wanted to know, but I refused. Anyways, I escaped a month ago, and that's when I met Jude, who offered me a place to stay and food to eat and clothes to wear after learning what happened to me. We came up with this plan together, but like Jude said it had to be brought forward. He doesn't really have cancer." Mom explained.