▷▶Chapter 38◀◁

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

I got out of the car, still wobbling on the kitten heels. I was never really good at wearing heels, and after a long time of wearing flats, I practically couldn't balance. Gray looked at me and sighed. "Where's your grace and poise, Lucy?" I glared at me. "You show me your grace and poise when you wear heels." He chuckled and led me to the office.

It was then I noticed Lisanna in a purple short dress with a sweetheart neckline next to Mira, who was dressed in a black, Sabrina lace dress and let her fringe down, and Elfman, who wore a navy blue suit.

The Strauss family had arrived.

My arm in Gray's, we walked side by side rigidly, me trying to balance myself on the kitten heels, to where they were talking smoothly--too smoothly--to the lady boss my father had left the company to.

Tch.

I walked in, forgetting I couldnt balance on heels and waltzed up to them, Gray still on my arm protectively. The office was empty except for us. Perfect.

Mira noticed me first. She smiled weakly at us. I smiled back. Then Lisanna saw us.

"Daddy, they're here."

Alastair Strauss turned to see me and Gray. "Oh, if it isn't the children of Heartfilia. How are you feeling about your father's death?" "Thank you for your concern. We had decided to drop at the office to discuss a few matters regarding the company. It is a surprise to see you here. What business do you have with the boss of the company?" Gray said in a calm tone.

I needed his cool. I really felt like beating this guy up good.

"Not much. We are here to buy over the company. Look, I even have lawyers with me. See, the company is important and powerful. Little children like you will not be able to handle it. Thus, I'm doing you a favour and buying over the company. Meaning, I will own this, if the lawyer approves." spoke Alastair. Wow. If Gray weren't holding on to me right now, I would have kneed him in the crotch. No really.

"Oh hello Lucy. And Gray. Shouldn't you be at a funeral? What a surprise to see you here." Lisanna scorned.

Gray put a restraining hand on my shoulder, but I brushed it away. I registered my most arrogant voice, stood a little higher on my kitten heels (I should have taken stilettos for this, but I didn't need to trip on my face), and spoke with sarcasm and poison dripping from my tone:

"Oh hello Lisanna. Shouldn't you be in hell? What a surprise to see you here. I thought this place didn't allow Satan."

"You--" Lisanna was about to comeback, but I didn't give her time for one.

"Purple does not suit you Lisanna. I suggest white, it will make you more invisible than you already are. Just saying." I interrupted her.

She looked ready to strangle me. Mira beamed encouragingly at me and Elfman looked confused. He probably didn't know who to applaud, my brilliance or his younger sister's idiocy.

"Enough, daughter of Heartfilia. Won't your heart ache at the sight of your fathers company being taken away?" Alastair smirked. Lisanna sneered at me.

"Surely the lawyers will not approve of it. We are his rightful heirs, and currently the company is in very capable hands." Gray broke in.

"We will see. Sometimes, money speaks." Alastair grinned.

He brought pen to paper.

That paper was....

No no no no we need Otou-sama to appear.