who knew? // matty

(( sorry I've been MIA I just forgot and I have school now so I'm either always busy or always sleeping tbh but I'll try and update more & 1.37k reads aw that actually makes me so happy ty :))

[ prompt: you had met Matty about two years ago in a coffee shop and you became best friends, he finally works up the courage to tell you he likes you and you end up dating ((that was a shit description yikes))

//

You were woken up by your phone buzzing, rolling over you checked it. It was a message from your best friend, Matty,
"Hey y/n! I was wondering if you wanted to go to the coffee shop where we met and talk?"
You smiled and quickly texted back your reply and got up to take a shower, once you had showered, done your make up and dressed you grabbed your keys and made your way to the coffee shop.
You found Matty sitting in your usual booth, "I ordered you some waffles and your favorite latte." Matty said with a smile, while resting his head on his hand, his brown curls falling into his face.
You smiled at him, he was always so kind. Once both of your orders had came, you made small talk, just chatting about anything really.
"We're coming really close to finishing our album," Matty smiled widely, "all we have to do now is finish a few ending lyrics and George has to mix it and we're through."
I smiled at him, I know how much the boys have been working on this album together, it means so much to them.
"That's why I called you here, y/n," he said while taking my hand, "we're hosting a show with three songs that haven't been released yet, I want you to come watch and listen to them." He squeezed my hand, hoping it would make me say yes, "so will you?"
I nodded, "of course, Matthew. I wouldn't miss it for the world."
(( a/n: this is set around the time of The 1975 self titled album ))

Your taxi pulled up at the small bar that the boys were playing at, quite a long line had formed already and it wasn't open for another hour, so you decided to just walk around and maybe get some merch because they had quite nice things and it was exclusive.
"Hey!" Said who you assumed was a fan, "aren't you y/n? Matty's best friend?"
You smiled and nodded, "yeah that's me."
She grinned, "can I get your autograph?" She asked while pulling out a notebook and pen, I signed inside the cover and she hugged me and then ran away to another group of girls who were giggling.

Soon the show had started and you made your way inside, since you were so close with the boys you got VIP access.
There was only maybe about 115 people in the venue, it wasn't very big so no one felt crowded.

"Alright we're going to play you guys a few songs."
First they played a song called Chocolate, then Robbers and finally Fallingforyou.

All of the sudden in the middle of fallingforyou, Matty spoke up over the music, "excuse me," he cleared his throat, "I just have something to say really quickly."
The other boys had started playing the same tune but only a lot softer, "y/n? I know you're here."
Oh god, what is he doing? You thought.
One of the guards came and got you and took you downstairs to the stage where Matty took your hand and let you to the middle of it.
"Y/n, part of the reason I brought you here was because of course I wanted to share this with you, but I also wanted to tell you something that I should have along time ago." He took your hands in his and squeezed them, "the first day I met you I knew there was something special about you, I knew I wanted you to be mine that very moment, honestly y/n, I'm mad about you." He paused and so had the crowd who was staring at you both, "will you be my girlfriend, y/n?"
You broke down into a heap of tears and finally choked out a yes.
He picked you up and spun you around, that's when the small crowd went wild and burst into screams.
"I love you." He whispered into your ear and you pulled away and kissed his nose, "I love you."