prom night // gatty (george and matty) [ part one ]

🌸 via impendingdeity on ao3 !!

🌼 go read angelic , wind me up and let me go , and basic space !!

//

'Well, what do we do now?'
'I'm not pretending to be straight for one fuckin' night, George.'
'You did it in grade 9. What's so different now?'

The two boys were bickering in Matty's bedroom, feeling terrible about wasting £100. Prom was a week away, so that meant stakes were high currently. Matty had started a fad diet to look sliming in his revealing black gown while George had given up smoking for a bit. Didn't want his car to smell like weed, nor did he want his outfit to be ruined by the smell. (Also because Matty told him to.) The school forgot to inform them a month ago when they bought their tickets that couples had to be different sexes, not the same. It was now the Saturday before the event that they received an automated email from the headmaster stating, in bold font: 'NO SAME SEX COUPLES.' This pissed the hell out of Matty and was halfway out the door to complain to his mom before George stopped him, explaining where they are now.

'I'm not fucking straight, George.'

'Just return your dress.. sell our tickets, okay?'

'I'm not doing that either. Do you know how much overtime I had to work to pay for this dammed thing?'

He held up his long evening gown, a twinkle still in his eye about the garment.

'Put it one of those websites. Sell it more than retail.'

'I'm not doing that either! This is our night, I'm not gonna let some homophobic school ruin it. I'd thought you'd be carrying a pitchfork and fire toward the school right now.' Matty scoffed and turned his attention to himself in the mirror.

George sighed. He walked over to his petit boyfriend and cupped his face in his hands.

'Baby, I'm just as upset about this as you are. We wasted money on these shit pieces of paper and we can't even go.' He could obviously see the anger fueling in Matty's eyes. 'It's just a dress up night, babe. We can have that at my house, yeah?'

The only reason why Matty was seething with rage was because he had something special planned that night. After their night of dancing and drinking, Matty would bring back his darling ditz of a boyfriend back to his bedroom that was laced with red roses on his perfectly white sheets. The room would be illuminated by hundreds of candles and a bottle of champagne would be waiting in a bucket of ice. It would be the perfect way to end the night. Now it looks like it's gone all to hell.

George could see the heartbroken expression on Matty's face. He knew that his boyfriend didn't particularly like to admit giving up and that his mind ran a mile a minute. The room started to sound like a heavy piece of machinery starting up. This is when George knows when to shut up and let Matty think. He sat on the bed, watching the mastermind at work.

Matty pulled a single curl to wrap and unravel around his finger, his teeth sinking into his chapped lips and his free hand rubbing his cheek. He didn't come up with simple, one step plans, no. He had an entire process on how something was going to go. The exact dialogue, the appropriate time and how it was going to be executed. His lip was now drawing blood from his intense biting.

'Reckon that Gabby girl has a crush on me?'

'Excuse me?'

Matty sighed. He hated repeating himself for it made him sound stupid.

'She's the one floating around Ross at our table. You know, blonde?'

'She'd have a crush on Ross, not you love.'