deadly // matty

this is from " dreaming-is-magic " on tumblr !!

// (( also quick a/n: im thinking of changing the chapter title's or whatever to just whatever rather than lyrics from the 1975 so that way they're more relatable or smth ok yeah ))

"Come on (y/n) it will be fun please” matt begged you sighed and rolled your eyes “fine” you replied. You desperately wanted to keep your distance from matt, it was one of those bullshit I’m in love with my best friend stories you definitely wanted more with matt but there was so many ‘what if’s’ flooding your mind. What if he didn’t feel the same way? What if it didn’t work out and you lost him? , what if we lose what we have? All these questions flooded your thoughts 24/7 and it wouldn’t stop. You shook those thoughts out of your mind and decided to enjoy the time you had with matt while it lasted. He pulled you up off the sofa “go get ready angel” matt explained giving you a small smile. You ran upstairs quickly got ready deciding on a pair of black skinny jeans, nice top and combat boots. You ran back downstairs and jumped onto Matts back “hey” you cooed into his ear, “hey you look good” he purred back to you, you blushed at his compliment hiding your face in his neck he walked out the door locking it on his way out you jumped off matts back and got into the car. Throughout the car ride green day was blasting through the stereo and both of you sang off key but you enjoyed the time you were having with matt and it made you smile. You arrived at the party and as soon as you stepped inside a joint was shoved in your face you took a hit and handed it back to the person before grabbing Matts hand and walking off, he laced his fingers in yours and you blushed and sent him a small smile before looking forward around the party.
You let go of Matts hand and he went to talk to some friends, you wandered around the party occasionally drinking and taking hits of the joints. A few hours later you were buzzed but matt was drunk and high, knowing matt he would probably be hooking up with some chick that wasn’t you and that hurt knowing that but what could you? You stepped outside away from the party and stood there lighting up a joint you had and just relaxing letting all your problems fade away. It was quiet outside and peaceful but that was soon interrupted by a pair of arms weaving themselves around your waist you instinctively went to push them away but as soon as you caught a whiff of the familiar cologne you dropped your hands down to your sides still taking hits from your joint. You sighed knowing that being in this position was only making your feelings for matt greater than what they are, you still didn’t want to be in this cliché bullshit scenario you didn’t believe in love until matt came along. The joint sat between your lips as you raised your hands and rested them on Matt’s hands. “Whatcha thinking about angel?” matt asked taking the joint from your mouth and taking a hit himself. “Nothing” you replied continuing to stare out in front of you. Matt removed his hands from around your waist and spun you around dropping the now finished joint to the ground “i need to tell you something” matt explained slowly. You nodded your head encouraging him to continue. “i kind of like you wait scratch that i love you” matt explained grabbing your hands in his. “How high and drunk are you?” you asked. “alot but that doesn’t change anything angel” matt explained grabbing your face in his hands and pressing a kiss to your lips you were taken aback at first but soon melted into the kiss. “Let me take you on a date please” matt begged. “Okay fine” you replied rolling your eyes and smiling slightly. Matt pressed his lips to your again and again for the second time that night you melted into his kiss.
The next morning you woke up in a familiar looking room with a pounding headache then the memories from the day before came flooding back into your mind your finger lightly ghosted over lips as a smile appeared on your face. You got up out of bed slowly seeing that matt had probably sobered up and changed you out of your clothes from the night before. You looked down seeing you had one if Matt’s shirts on but nothing else besides your undergarments you scoffed “of course” you muttered to yourself and just lightly chuckled. You walked down the stairs and into the living room knowing matt would probably be sleeping on the couch. You looked around and saw him sprawled out on the floor you chuckled to yourself and walked over to matt giving him a light kick with your foot “wake up asshole” you said while shaking his body with your foot and still he stayed asleep “matt wake the fuck up” you said louder this time and kicking him harder. He groaned and slowly started to wake up he opened his eyes and looking up at you from his position on the ground “mhmmm baby i could get used to waking up like this” matt said while chuckling lightly. You were just about to walk away when you felt matts hand grab your leg and pull you down on top of him “hi baby” matt cooed from under you. “Hey” you replied back. “What happened last night?” matt asked, “you drank, you smoke and you revealed some things” you said while laughing. “Oh god what did i say?” matt asked like he was scared. “That you love me and that you want to take me on a date” you replied smiling proudly. “i can remember our kiss that’s it, but it’s out now so ill pick you up at 6.00pm” matt explained. “Wait you were actually serious?” you asked a small smile playing on your lips. “Deadly” matt replied.
You rolled your eyes in response and matt smiled pulling you down to his lips “i love you” he whispered against your lips. “i love you too” you replied pressing your lips to his you felt his hands on your waist but cheekily slip down and grab your ass you let out a small squeak and matt just chuckled both of you laughing and enjoying each other’s company. 6.00pm rolled around and you just finished putting on the finishing touches when there was a knock at the door you opened it to reveal matt and immediately his jaw dropped and his eyes went wide. “You look stunning angel” matt exclaimed, “you don’t look so bad either matt” you replied a beaming smile on your face. You left and arrived at the restaurant and you were immediately seated, this restaurant was extremely classy and posh and you knew that by your appearances you both were very out of place. Matt was fidgeting the whole time that you were seated and you finally had enough, once the waiter left to go get your drinks you called matt out “c’mon lets go” you said while getting up and placing your napkin down. “What no why we are on a date” matt replied. “matt i know that you don’t feel comfortable right now and this isn’t the scene for you, you are fidgety beyond belief and it is driving me crazy, you don’t have to take me to some classy and posh restaurant for a date I’m fine with cuddling and movies now c’mon lets go” you explained.
Matt sighed knowing you were right and you pulled him off his chair and walked out of the restaurant hand in hand. You two walked out to the car but before you got in you heard wolf whistles from across the street you looked over and saw your ex boyfriend with all of his mates each of them calling out disgusting things. Matt saw them and began to walk over but you stepped in-between him and the road. “matt stop” you said trying to get matt to stop but he kept walking so you did the only thing you could think of you pressed your lips to his and he immediately melted into it he pulled you closer to his body his arms wrapping around your waist and your arms weaving themselves around his neck. He pulled away from the kiss and moved a piece if hair out of your face “i love you” matt cooed, “i love you too” you whispered before pressing your lips to his again. You two went back to your house and sat down on the couch cuddling and watching movies occasionally sharing a joint. Matt kept pressing small kisses to your lips, both if you sharing i love you’s. No longer did you have the ‘what if’s’ circling your mind because it was clear you got him. “i love you baby” you whispered to matt “i love you too angel” matt replied pulling you into his side and kissing the top of your head.