remembering you // matty

a/n: this imagine is a bit different ((and doesn't particularly follow the title lol)) and I got the idea from reading tronnor (connor franta x troye sivan) imagines but I don't remember the author to credit them so pls don't say im copying someone bc I just based this off that concept xx

[prompt: little snippets of your life with Matty and how you grew to be together (( this is a bit long and I hope it makes up for me being inactive ))

word count: 828

I remember the day I met you, your black hair was cut short, because your mum thought it was better that way since she wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. Your dress had flowers on it and a lace bow that went all the way around your waist, your white shoes were stained due to the muddy ground since it was always so rainy in England.
I remember the first time you actually looked at me and my heart stopped, I wasn't quite sure exactly what it was, because I was only 8 years old, but it was a good feeling and I wished you looked at me all the time just so I can feel that feeling again.
I remember the day a really mean boy pushed you off the swing as I watched from afar, and how you kept yelling at me to stop when I pushed him to the ground and starting hitting him, I wasn't sure why you were yelling, because I was trying to show him that wasn't nice, but after that day you stopped looking at me, so I never got that nice feeling in my chest again, instead it just hurt.
I remember the day in middle school, when we we're assigned a project, you and I were partnered with each other which meant you had to come to my house that night to finish it. The feeling in my chest came back every time you looked at me, and I hoped it would never go away.
You came over every night after that, even if we didn't have a project, and soon we became best friends. I was glad to finally have you part of my life, because maybe we could turn into something more.
I remember the night you told me you loved me, you said you had always loved me from the very first time you saw me but never knew what to say to me, I told you the same.
Soon after, we began dating and the feeling in my chest only grew stronger, you said it was because my love for you was so strong it didn't want to be contained.
I remember the day we kissed, it was a rainy day that day and we were laying together watching a movie, although neither of us were watching, only fixed on each other.
We kissed every chance we got after that, I never wanted your lips to leave mine and I felt as if I was alive when you kissed me.
I remember the day we had our first time, you were scared but I comforted you, as I showed you how much I loved and cared for you in ways words couldn't.
I remember the day you told me you were pregnant, and how scared you were because we were only 17, I told you everything was going to be okay and that I would never leave you.
You moved in with me shortly after that, and I took care of you during your entire pregnancy, you said I was too good to you but I disagreed and said I did it out of love.
I remember the day we had our child, it was a girl, you named her Nikkie, I thought she was the most beautiful thing in the world next to you.
Three months after Nikkie had been born, I proposed to you, I remember the look on your face and the way your eyes lit up as you said yes.
I remember the day of our wedding and how amazing you looked as you walked towards me, how I kept reminding myself it was all real and I was really marrying you.
I remember the day Nikkie left home, you were crying because our little girl was finally grown up but I just smiled and knew she would be okay.
The day you left me, was the worst feeling i've ever had. It was so unexpected, it happened during the night. I cried for you all day.
I remember your funeral and how I could barely speak for you because I was so heartbroken, how I would never hold your hand again, or feel your lips against mine, or hear your angelic voice again.
I remembered you until my time was through as well, and how I was so utterly glad I met the girl with short black hair and a flowered dress.