never you // matty (pt 2)

🌸 via falling-for-the-antichrist on tumblr !!

🌼 if you haven't yet pls go read angelic which is my new matty fanfic !!

//

When you left, Matty realized he fucked up. What the hell was he supposed to do now? Call you, hopefully you'd pick up. He stumbles while working his way to the kitchen. Where the fuck was it? He sees it on the counter where he had left. He picks it up, dials your number, and puts it to his ear. It rang and rang, but there was no answer. "Fuck!"
He calls a few more times, nothing. Matty then decides to just sit and wait until you come back. You'll come back, right? Normally he would go out and look for you, but he knows that there is no way he can drive right now. His head is spinning, and he dozing into a drunken sleep when his phone starts ringing. His head is throbbing and he can barely stand straight, but he makes it to the phone. It was you.
"Hey babe, I'm so sor-" he starts saying, but is cut off.
"Hi, is this Matty?" Oh god, what was this?
"Yes," Matty says, with a very confused tone.
There is some shuffling around, "Hi, my name is Martin and I'm with Ms. Y/N. I'm calling to notify you that she has been in a car accident, and we are headed to St. Mark's right now. May I ask how you know her? Your phone number is the only one saved on her phone. "
Matty's eyes well up, this can't be fucking happening. "What?! Is she okay? Is she dead?! Oh my god, this isn't happening."
"Matty I'm going to need you to listen to me. I know this is bad news, but what you need to do is calm down and talk to me. Are you related to her? If not, do you know how we can contact her family?"
Matty is shaking badly, but with all of his effort he responds. "I'm her boyfriend. She doesn't have any contact with her parents."
"Okay. Good to know. We are nearly to the hospital, so if you would like to come down to keep track of what's going on, you are welcomed to."
Matty doesn't even respond. He hangs up. His hands are shaking, but he manages to dial George's number. He is chewing his lip, nervous he won't answer.
"Hello?" George sounds asleep. Maybe because it's only 10:00 in the morning.
"I need you to take me to the hospital. Y/N was in an accident and I'm too wasted to drive," he says, heavily breathing out of fear.
"Wait what? Are you serious?" George asks with panic in his voice. Matty hears him rushing out of bed and putting his pants on.
"Please just hurry. I can't even breath." Matty says, with tears streaming down his face.
"Okay, okay. I'll be there in five," George says, and then hangs up.
Matty is waiting outside. He can't help but get lost in his thoughts. How could he let this happen? If he would've just kept his mouth shut then you wouldn't be in the hospital. Matty then begins to think of a happier time. Just a year ago, you would both be in bed, sex in the air, with a blunt being passed between you. Your head on his chest, his fingers running through your hair. It was perfect. You both lived for those moments. But they're gone, and it will never be the same again. His head snaps up when he hears a honk. George was here.
Opening the car door, he gets in. George speeds away, not saying anything to Matty. It is an awkward silence until George speaks up. "Mate, it's not even noon and you're drunk off of your ass. What the fuck is wrong with you?"
Matty sighs, far too anxious and distracted to argue. "Not now, please."
"No! You don't get to pretend like this isn't a problem anymore. Why the fuck are you already drunk this early? Can you really not go a day without it? You're so fucking lucky, Matthew. So lucky that I was able to take you. You are so fucking self absorbed that you don't realize what you're doing to the people that love you! She loves you so much and all you do is drink and ignore her. She isn't going to stick around forever."
"Shut the fuck up, George. I don't need this from you right now," Matty says, not making any eye contact.
George scoffs, "Yeah well if not now, then when? The next time you're not drunk? When will that be? It's been a while. You either deal with the issue now, or you lose everyone. Even me, because I refuse to deal with this."
Matty doesn't answer. He knows George is right, but doesn't have the energy to fight back. George is speeding down the road, and Matty is chewing on his nails.
Finally they arrive, and before George can even stop the car, Matty jumps out and runs to the entrance. George is close behind. Matty enters the hospital and runs to the front desk. "Y/N Y/L/N, I need to know what's going on with her."
The nurse nurse nods and begins typing on her computer. After a few seconds, she says, "Okay so it looks like she is currently not admitted to a room. She is in the emergency room, and they're trying to get her stable enough to be admitted."
"Okay well where can I go see her?" Matty asks.
"Well I'm sorry but there are absolutely no visitors allowed in the emergency room. What I can do is let you know when she is admitted and get you to her as soon as possible," she says.
This alone is enough to make Matty break down in tears. George guides him over to a chair, sits him down, and starts rubbing his back. "It'll be okay, mate. She's going to be okay."
"What if she dies George? I literally can't live without her. I'll fucking drink myself to death," Matty sobs.
"She isn't going to die, Matty. She is going to be okay. You and I both know she is strong and has been through worse. Stop being so negative, you'll torture yourself."
Matty and George sit in the waiting room for what seems like forever. "Y/N Y/L/M."
Matty and George shoot right up and walk over to the small nurse. "Okay so it looks like Y/N has a few broken ribs, her left leg is broken, as well as her jaw and right hand. She is unconscious right now, but we don't believe there is any severe brain damage. We do believe she has a mild concussion, but there is really no way for us to tell what the full extent of the damage is until she wakes up. For right now, she is stable. She did mention that she wants to see someone when she was conscious enough to speak. Um, I believe the name was George. Only one person can come at a time until she is awake again."
Matty freezes. George? Why would she want to see George before him?
George also looks very confused. He then looks at Matty for approval. Matty of course nods, needing someone to update him on what's going on.
"Okay, well follow me please," says the nurse.
George follows her until Matty can no longer see them. What has he done?