my heart froze over // matty

🥀 loosely based around the song "froze over" by blackbear (aka my dad(dy)💦) ((I'M DELETING BYE LMAO OH GOD))

🌹 go read the chapter titled "giveaway" !!

🍃 go read my rant, poem, movie, playlist and song books !!

//
- matty's pov;

she left me, my heart shattered on the floor when she shut the door the last time.
i expected the knob to turn any moment and she would walk through again, her tear stained face and matted hair, begging me to take her back.

but she didn't, i was alone.

i waited for days and days on end ; no calls, texts. it was radio silence. she wasn't coming back to me and i was slowly beginning to see it.
i had to fill the void in my chest somehow, so i picked up my old habits once again. i knew it was wrong, but the stability i had was no longer with me, i had nothing to lean on.

her birthday rolled around, i sent her a card. still nothing back, i loved her. i missed her.

one night we were playing in her town and i cried the entire time, because i knew she could have been there in the crowd, masked from me seeing her.

she was a drug to me and i was constantly relapsing into her clutches again even if she wasn't around anymore.

when she left, my heart froze over into the icy hole it is now, and only she can warm me again.