never you // matty (pt 5)

🌸 via falling-for-the-antichrist on Tumblr !!

🌼 go read angelic if you haven't yet

🌻also I posted a new fanfic that's called weak when you're around and it's a blackbear one so if u like that pls go read it !!

//

When the words left your mouth, you felt sick to your stomach. It was the absolute last thing you expected to hear. The doctor just barely broke the news to you. He walked in, sat in the chair next to your bed, and simply said, “Congrats, you’re pregnant.” You were absolutely speechless. There were no words to describe how you were feeling. Here you are, in the hospital with a list of injuries, with an alcoholic boyfriend who you refuse to see, finding out you are carrying his child. Oh fuck, Matty is an alcoholic. There is no way you could raise a child by yourself. You didn’t even want kids. Your first thought was to tell Matty, and you really wanted to. But you knew that wasn’t an option right now. Neither one of you were in the right mindset to deal with each other. So you needed to resort to your next option: George Daniel.
Your hands were shaking when you grabbed the phone next to your bed. Dialing his number, you hold the bulky thing to your ear. The line is ringing, and your nerves are out of control. It rings a few more times, and then he answers. “Hello?”
You were silent, and tears started streaming down your face. “George, I’m pregnant.”
You heard him slightly gasp. Shit, this was a bad idea. He is silent for a second, clearly at a loss about what to say. Then he says, “Okay, um, I’m with Matty. I’m going to take him home, and then I’ll come to see you.”
“Okay but George you can’t tell Matty. If you tell him it will not end well. Just hurry please,” you say.
“Okay I will. Sit tight.” Then he hangs up. Why was he with Matty? Was Matty drinking? Not that you would be surprised. This is what he did regularly. Drink when something important is going on, while you and George were there to pick up the pieces. You were so sick of this shit. You knew he was drunk. Maybe not 100%, but you knew Matty and there is nothing else he would rather be doing.
You couldn’t think about this right now. What you needed to focus on is what you are going to do about the thing growing inside of you. There were a few options: keep it, adoption, and abortion. It was good to look at all of your options, but it was clear what you were going to do. Abortion was the only solution you could see working for you. If you kept the baby, who knows what would happen. You could be stuck raising it by yourself, dealing with an alcoholic Matty. Being a mother has never been on the list of things you wanted. You didn’t have the greatest childhood, and you knew that you would never be capable of loving a child the way it deserves to be loved. And while adoption is a perfectly fine option, it’s no secret that the system was flawed, and the likelihood of actually getting adopted was slim. That leaves abortion. You knew Matty wouldn’t want a child. And no child deserves to go through what he is doing. A child does not deserve to see their parent sick.
All of this was just too overwhelming. Tears are pouring, and all you can do is close your eyes and hope this all goes away. Sobs overcome you. What the fuck were you going to do? Eventually, you start to calm down, and exhaustion kicks in. Slowly, you fall asleep.
Meanwhile, George is undressing Matty and putting him to bed.
“Matty, come and lay down. You need to sleep, because tomorrow is going to be a long day.”
Matty looks confused. “Why?
“We obviously have to deal with all of this. We need to figure out what to do about you and your problem, what to do about Y/N, and figure out what’s going to happen.”
“What do you mean what to do about Y/N? Did something happen?” Matty asks, panicking at the same time.
George tries to cover it up, “Nothing mate, just what to do about her condition. She’s fine. You need to sleep.
Matty lays down, and automatically sinks into the mattress. His head spinning, and his eyes burning, he looks at George. “I’m so sorry.”
George just sighs, “Go to sleep, I’ll see you tomorrow.”
Matty then closes his eyes and drifts off. Grabbing his jacket and keys, George heads for the door, locks it, and goes to his car. Getting in, he takes a moment to gather his thoughts. Matty was a complete fucking mess, and Y/N was pregnant. What the fuck? He rests his forehead on the steering wheel. This was definitely not how he planned on spending his day. He then starts the car, and drives off.
George arrives at the hospital shortly after, and heads up to your room. Standing in front of your door, he takes a deep breath, and twists the handle. To his surprise, you are asleep. You looked so peaceful, like nothing that has happened today has disturbed you at all. He hated to ruin that, but he knew you needed to figure out what to do. He gently places a hand on your cheek and whispers, “Y/N, wake up.”
This causes you to stir in your sleep. It takes you a moment to realize where you are, but when you see George, you instantly remember. Sighing, you rest your head back on the pillow. “Great, all of this is actually happening.”
“Are you okay? Do you feel any better? Are you in pain?” George asks, concerned.
You nod, eyes still shut. “I’m fine, G. My body is sore, but it’s not bad with the medication.
“So, you’re pregnant?” George asks.
You flinch at the words. Never did you ever think you would be the one carrying the baby. “Yeah.”
George is quiet for a moment, “Do you know what you’re going to do?”
You look at him, “Abortion.”
He nods in response, also thinking that is the best option, but he didn’t want to say anything. “And are you going to tell Matty?”
“I don’t know, George. I have no idea what to fucking do about him. If I tell him, will that make him want to drink more? Because I know that right now I could really go for some vodka. I don’t even know if I want to see him again. Like how am I going to look the father of my child in the eye after all of this? What if he sobers up, I tell him, and he starts drinking again? Am I just fucked? Am I really just doomed with a shitty life? Because with what’s happened since this morning, I have a feeling that no matter what I do, I’m going to end up in the same spot.”
George is silent for a moment, and then begins to speak. “I don’t know how Matty is going to react once he finds out. I don’t know if it will be triggering from him in any way. I wish I did know, but I don’t. Want to know what I do know? That at this very moment, with where both of you are, you can’t have baby. Matty is a lunatic with a drinking problem. And if you being in the hospital isn’t going to sober him, I wouldn’t expect a baby to either. And I don’t want you to carry a baby, knowing that you could possibly be raising this child by yourself. You don’t deserve that, and a baby definitely doesn’t either. So what I’m trying to say is, you need to do what is right for right now. You can’t tell the future. So for right now, I think it’s best that you get an abortion. For no other reason than to save yourself from a life of pain.”
At this point, you were sobbing. You knew he was right. It would be selfish of you to have a baby knowing that it could possibly have to watch it’s father drink himself to death.
“You’re right, G. This is the best option.”
He grabs your hand, “I know that you are going to overcome this. Do you know how far along you are?”
You shook your head. When the doctor told you the news, you couldn’t even listen to the rest of what he had to say. He did probably mention it, but you didn’t hear it. “No, I stopped listening to him. I was in shock.”
“Okay, well we need to talk to him about how to approach this. It would be smart to get it done while we are here,” George said.
All you can do is nod. Talking about it was not what you wanted to do.
You and George sit and talk for a bit, him updating you on what’s been going on with Ross and Adam. But all he could think about was what happened at the bar. He felt so bad knowing that Matty fucked another girl while high on cocaine, but it was the last thing you needed to hear right now. You just listened, too tired to talk, but too awake to sleep.
“Okay, well it’s been awhile, I should probably go check on Matty. Are you good here tonight?”
You smile and nod, “Thank you, G. I love you so much.”
He smiled back at you, “I love you too.”
“But please don’t tell Matty I’m pregnant. He can’t know.”
And all of a sudden, a familiar voice begins to speak. “No need,”
Matty was standing at the door.