masterpiece // gatty (matty & george)

🌸 this is from impendingdeity on ao3 !!

🌼 go read angelic if you haven't yet !!

🌻 go read wind me up and let me go while you're at it !

//

The graphite lines across the ivory sheet revealed a figure with a slender neck and a perfectly pouted mouth. The collarbones of the subject protruded and the rest of the body was clothed with a draped sweater. George closely began to focus on the facial features, for the person he was drawing had a distinct look. He started with the eyebrows. They were connected, but not too much. George left a bit of shading between them. He started on the nose, cautious to expand the nostrils. Just when he deemed it perfect, the school bell rang and it caused him to jump. The pen ink messed up the creation he had just did. George grumbled and basically beat himself up for it until reaching first period where he ripped the page out and placed it on the unsuspecting subject's desk. He titled it "The Boy In a Sweater That's Too Big For Him". George sat in the chair that was adjacent to the one that he put his paper on. His nerves were building up inside of him and his foot was shaking. His breathing became labored and then it just stopped. The boy he drew walked in with the prettiest grin on his face and a cigarette tucked behind his ear. He was wearing a plaid skirt, black blouse and leather jacket. George knew it was terribly rude to stare, but wow. He looked stunning. This was just like any other day to the pair. They'd come in early before the lesson and sit and play on their phones in silence. Everyday it isn't silent, not at all. The boy, Matty would engage in communication first. He spoke softly and stuttered over his own words before going into a fit of giggles and his face turning red. Today, George decided to speak. His jaw already dropped to the floor due to Matty's choice of outfit. Why not compliment him? He inhaled sharply and exhaled, opening his mouth to say something.

"I-I.. I like your skirt." George's face turned as red as a tomato. Matty was slightly taken aback, but he gave a soft smile in return.

"This old thing? It's Gemma's! She let me barrow it. Thank you." George blinked and thought about the five letter word in his mind. "Matty and Gemma? Gemma? They're dating?? Since when?" Trying to solve the mental puzzle in his mind, a hand hit at his bicep.

"Did you see this, mate? I reckon this is myself, but it's far too beautiful to be me."

Fuck.

George's breathing started back up again and he retorted to instantly tensing up.

"It looks l-like you. It has the lips and everything." Why the fuck did he say that?

The room fell silent and was brought to life quickly by Matty's smile.

"How long have you been staring at my lips?" The boy said with a curled grin.

Before George could respond, the classroom filled with people including Gemma, who kissed Matty quickly and Ross and Adam. His two friends came and sat near him, noticing his rosy cheeks.

"What? Did you just get a hard on, mate? Stop blushing, it's just me." Ross said with a particularly snarky tone.

"Piss off, you mong." George replied. Adam told them both to shut up and class started.

~

"What do you know about Gemma and Matty?" George made himself the first to speak at the lunch table. Ross, chewing his food contently managed to utter something.