sea side adventures // the 1975

🌸 requested by ElenorZzzz !!

🌼 go read angelic if you haven't yet !!

🌻 go read celestial and wind me up and let me go !!

//

( ps i made this 3rd person,, I'm curious so pls let me know if you prefer reading 3rd or 1st person pov's !! )

-

an escape, that's what y/n wanted. an escape from everything that frustrated her; everything that made her bite down on her already short nails, that made her tug at her hair until her scalp hurt, the things that made her feel like her head was going to explode. she just wanted to get away, even if it was for a day.

and to her luck, her friends were already planning on it.

"y/n!" george called from outside, "get ready, we're going on a roadtrip!"
all four of the boys were in matty's truck, wearing sunglasses and sporting the 'casual beach guy' attire. y/n assumed it was going to be a sort of swimming activity so she packed a bathing suit along with a few other essentials and made her way into the vehicle.
"so where are we going?" y/n asked as she climbed into the backseat with adam and ross.
"you'll see, soon enough." george and matty were smirking as they pulled away from y/n's house and started driving.

she had a lot of time to think, being as the car ride took them about 45 minutes to get where they were going. and no one was making any conversation, so y/n resorted to just staring out the window and acting like one of those people you see in the movies.

along the way she had dozed off and was awakened by adam lightly shaking her, "y/n, wake up!" she groaned and sat up, climbing out of the vehicle.
what she saw when she went to the other side wasn't really what she expected.

they were near the water alright, but it was a cliff. and the waves were crashing against it, furiously and hungrily; like it thought it could consume the entire cliff need it be.
"uh," y/n began, "i thought we were going to a beach, and swim?" she questioned.
the boys laughed, "no, we thought we would just cruise around the cliffside and admire it's beauty."

she was taken aback, because the four boys were actually serious about what they had just said. she sighed, so much for relaxing and de-stressing.

the five of them began walking around the cliff, until george found a trail and insisted they all go on it.
"oh come on, you lot! don't be such babies!"
so that's how five teenagers found themselves on a trail, jumping at every crunch of a twig they heard or every shadow they saw. they weren't much for the wilderness, all of them growing up in the city of manchester, none of them knew anything other than the glow of the street light or the noise of cabs.
y/n was scared, but she also found it fascinating. the idea of how much living things are all around them, how they move and how they live. she was awestruck.

together the group kept walking down the path, admiring the occasional deer or baby animal. y/n loved it. the path was covered in flowers, the air smelled of the sea and she was with her friends. maybe it wasn't so bad?

"alright guys, we need to head back, y/n has to be home soon or she'll get in trouble." matty spoke to the group who groaned, ross mumbled something about walking down the path all over again and continued to walk along it.
they all admired the nature, even as they came back. of course they had seen it but sometimes seeing something twice gives it more meaning.

climbing back into matty's truck they drove their way back into manchester, this time they turned the radio on and all of them hummed quietly to the songs. y/n was happy she had such good friends, they made her forget all her troubles for a little while.
as they pulled into her driveway she sighed, not wanting to go back into her home. the boys smiled sympathetically for her, encouraging her and telling her that they cared.

and she believed them, of course she did. they were the truest things in her life, it would have been silly not to believe in them.
"goodnight boys, thanks for today. see you around?"
they all smiled and nodded, hugging her as she got out and made her way into her home once again.

they left, but not before they yelled a small joke at her causing her to go into a fit of giggles and shake her head.

those boys were something else.