Chapter 1: Rejection Day

Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep
Bee- smash

"Ahh dang it, that's my 4th one in the last two months!" I groan as I roll out of bed. I looked at the pieces of my alarm clock as it sat on my floor. Why do I always have to break these? Dad is gonna kill me. Nevertheless I get out of the bed and head to the bathroom to get ready for school.

Today is my birthday, I am turning 16. I should be happy because today I'm supposed to meet my mate. A soulmate. I walk to my bathroom that is connected to my room and do my daily routine. Once I get out of the shower I walk to my closet and pick out my outfit for the day. I decided to wear something a little cuter considering it my birthday and could possibly find the love of my life today. Once I put my clothes on I put on some mascara, and some lip gloss. After one last check in the mirror I grabbed my bag and headed down stairs.

'Hey Jada you ready for today?' I ask my wolf.

'Yeah I just want to go to school and try to find my mate' she replies enthusiastically.

I chuckle to myself as I walked into the kitchen to meet my parents and brother. With my sister being a cheerleader and all she has already left so she could go to morning practice.

"Good morning," I greet them with a small smile.

"Good morning. Happy birthday!" They all say in unison.

We sit down, eat breakfast, and talk. Keith left before me so that he could go pick up a couple of his friends before school. He was trying to get to school to find out all that he missed. He has been at our grandparents house for almost two weeks helping them rebuild their house.

It was about time for me to head over to get Alex. Alex and I walk to school most days. It gave us time to rant about life before we had to go deal with the annoying people of school. I kiss my parents on the cheek and walk to the pack house to get Alex. As I walked up to the pack house I saw that she was sitting on the porch waiting for me.

"Hey baby girl,"  I call out as I stand about 10 feet from her. Her head snaps as she hears my voice and a large smile breaks out on her face. She quickly jumps off the steps and runs towards me, throwing herself at me.

"Happy birthday honey bear!" She squeals in my ear while hugging me. I hug back and thank her. Once she pulls away,  she throws one of her arms over my shoulder as we start walking to school.

"Took you long enough you big baby." She throws a wink my way. I laugh in responses. Alex is only about a week older than me. We had a sleepover to celebrate.

15 mins later

Alex and I have made it to school and there were still people in the parking lot.

"Hey I will meet you at my locker," I say to Alex walking towards my locker she nods and walks off to hers.

I walk past my sister but she ignores me and keeps walking. Jen was talking about whatever gossip was going around the school today with her friends. I got my books and closed my locker just in time as Alex walked over to me. We walk to our first class and sit near the middle and continue our conversation until the bell rings.

Time Skip: lunch time

Lunch was my second to last class with gym being my last. The day just seems to be dragging along. Jada has been anxiously pacing around my head trying to figure out where and who our mate was.