Chapter 2: 2 and half years later

2 years later

It'd been two years since Alex and I left our old pack. We were both 18 then. We had taken to the rogue life quite well. It's not that bad. Alex and I are very feared among the rogue community. If you cross us we'll tear you to shreds. We move around a lot and had a decent amount of money then, and still do.

"Hey, Alex?" I yelled from the living room.

I fiddled with my fingers. I'm not scared of many things, but making Alex sad will always break my heart.

"Yeah, what's up?" she answered coming in to the room.

"The last place that we have to go...." I trailed off, really hoping that she wouldn't get angry or upset.

"Yes..." She gave me a look as if to say that I better tell her what I need to say, and quick.

"Well, we have to go through the Blood Diamonds pack," I finished, dreading the outcome of this whole conversation.

Sadness flashed in her eyes for a moment before it disappeared. She mumbled an 'okay' and got up and away from me. She was still her normal, soft, sweet self, but she has a dark side that comes out when there's danger. I, on the other hand am mean all the time. Just not with her. I went and got ready for bed early. We were leaving the next day. I had packed my bags and everything already so I was ready. There was a very large chance that we could get caught tomorrow and knowing our luck, I didn't doubt we would.

____________________________________

We were packing all of our bags into her jeep.

"Hey, are you okay with this? We don't have to go, you know," I had to make sure that she was okay. I hate to cause her pain.

"Yeah, its fine as long as we get out of there fast," she said with a small smile on her face.

She was wearing a yellow, red, blue, and pink sundress. I was wearing my normal jeans, black crop top, leather jacket, red flannel around my waist, and combat boots. Like I said, I showed my true self and Alex stayed the same.

We drove off and headed to the area of the pack. I mindlinked her as she drove her jeep and me on my bike

'We are going to be entering the pack territory in 5 minutes.'

'Yeah, I know we are. I'm fine' she replied and cut off the mindlink. She knew I was worrying and was trying to tell me to calm down.

I let it go and we kept driving for a good 30 minutes. At this point I was so hungry.

'Can we get some food please? I need food,' I plead through the mindlink. She knows better than anyone how much I love food.

'Fine, but I'm getting food too. My tummy is grumbling right now ' she replied.

'Anything, baby girl.'

'Thanks, honey bear.'

And with that, we disconnected the link. We drove off route and to a little dinner that we use to go to all the time when we lived in the pack. I got a double cheese burger, some fries and a coke. Alex only got some pancakes and eggs. It took about 30 minutes to finish our food. By the time that we were done, I could tell that something was wrong and things were about to take a turn.

'Stay by my side,' I mind link Alex. She nods and links her arm with mine. We walk outside. There are several wolves hiding themselves around the area, just watching us.

"Go get into your car, baby girl," I order with a low voice. I knew exactly where all of them were, and I wouldn't hesitate to kill them. I just didn't want to kill infront of Alex.

"Okay," she smiled and skipped to her jeep.

"So, are you going to kill us, take us to your alpha, or can we go?" I asked. It's not our first time that this has happened. We are rogues after all.

"We will take you to our alpha," One of there voices boomed. I nodded my head, before heading towards my bike.

"Lead the way," I said hopping on my bike and getting ready to follow them.

I followed them, me in front of Alex with them on all sides of us. After about fifteen minutes of driving, we made it back to their pack house. I saw almost everyone there. Ace, Keith, Jennifer, my parents, Alex's parents, and some more people were all there.
Oh. God.
Here we go.