Chapter 10: Aftermath

"Uuggghhh," I groan as I get up the next morning.

The worst part is when others get sugar highs or drunk the don't remember what happened to them. I do and my hang over are much worst. Sage and Alex were sleeping next to me. I get up quietly trying not to walk them up. Once I close my door I walk down stairs following the sweet smell of bacon. I get to the kitchen to see two plates of bacon and Kal cooking.

"Hi Kally," I greet him groggly as I sit down. He turns around and smiles

"Hey Anna," he says as he put two plates pilled high with bacon. My face lights up.

"You remembered. You see this is why I love you." Not like that he is like a older brother to me.

He's 22 and Sage is 21. Me and Alex are 18. Tatiana was 32. Cole is 22. Jordan is 20, Chloe and Carly are 23. Nadia is 12. Me, Alex and Nadia are the youngest ones.

"Love you too little sis," He knows that after I get a big sugar high I love to eat as much bacon as I can. "I am making two more plates. One more for you and one for the others so that they don't attack you." I nod as I stuff food into my mouth as I can. He laughs at me and my pigish style.

I finished my seconded plate as all the rest of the girls come down the stairs we all have bed head but know of us care.
Mmm
"Good mornin' girls." I say. They smile and grab bacon. We have our small breakfast.

We all decide to go for a run. Epic race time. I grabbed a Nike sports bra, some leggings, and my gym shoes. I walk down stairs to see that us girls all have the same thing on. Kal has some sweats and thin jacket on. Sage was sitting on Kal's lap and talking to him. Alex and Nadia are looking through the TV trying to find a show. I walk into the kitchen and start eating more food.

"Anna where are you?" Kal's voice booms through the house.

"In the kitchen where else!" Sarcasm drips from my words. They walk in and grab bottles of water. We head out side to where the thickest part of woods are and get ready to start our run. Nadia doesn't want to run today so she is going to to be waiting here at the house.

"Ready.... Set...." I pause looking at the others smirk. ".....Go," we all take off running to the woods.

I dodge trees and logs everywhere. We race till we get the middle of the woods. There is a field that I love to go to here. I fall to the ground trying to catch my breath I love running, but my dear Sage always keeps me on my toes, she almost beat me. Almost. I giggle. I lay on my back looking up at the sky. I smell the scent that should not be here. And I feel no bond so its not like I know them. I sit up and look at the others they smell it to.

I nod and we done system 7. That's when we get in a circle and climb tress to see the intire area. We all run to a tree and climb it as fast as we can.

"Clear." Alex yells she doesn't see anything.

"Clear." Sage yells

"Clear." Kal yells

I look around one more time "cle-Ahhhh!" I scream as a feel a shooting pain through my shoulders, stomach and legs.

I fall 35 feet to the ground. Why did I pick the tallest tree? I fell to my back with a huge thud. I hear the others yelling my name, but before I could do anything I fell into complete darkness.

Alex POV

We had just gone out for a run that's what we do when ever when have a night like Adrianna had. I smelt the scent of rogue whick I know all to well. I know the others smelt it so we all climb a tree in a circle to see all of the land scape. I check and I don't see anything so I yelled my clear. Sage and Kal yell there clears. Adrianna was half way through her clear, when she let out a blood curling scream. My head immediately snapped towards her. She fell from the highest tree to her back. I jumped down landed on my feet with a swift move and run towards her.