Chapter 11: Athena

Adrianna POV

Beep
Beep
Beep
Beep

I was woken up with the annoying sound. I open my eyes only to shut them soon after. I open and rub my eyes so that they can adjust to the light. I look around to see that I'm in a hospital room. The memories slowly flood my mind.

"Shit. I wasn't fast enough." I hiss.

"Hey A. It looks like your awake." I hear a voice I know all to well.

"Hey Gor-Gor how are you." I made friends with Gordan when we where younger so I was a little happy to see a friendly face.

"Really. Your asking us how we doing." He huffs at the end. I laugh. "Well I'm fine and my mom says your fine and that you shouldn't move so much so that you can heal properly. But other than that you are fine." He informs me. I nod. He told me the others would be into see me soon.

I sit there for a little while. I feel fine so just got as comfortable as I could in a hospital bed. I was in a deep thought when I hear the door open. I look over to see Sage, Ace, and Keith. Okay so I missing 3 people.

"Hey guys how are you?" I ask. Ace gave me a look saying 'really did you really just ask that', Keith looked confused, and Sage looked mad. But overall they all look worried.

"Us. Why are asking about us? Your the one in a hospital bed right now!" Keith exclaims.

"Look I feel fine the pain is going away I promise!" Okay I lied my shoulder and leg hurt but my stomach stopped hurting "Wait... Where is Alex. I know where Kal and Nadia are, but where is Alex." This is not the first time when one of us gotten hurt and we had to keep Nadia away for a little while. I look at Sage guilt passes through her eyes. I prop myself up on my elbows.

"Sage. Tell. Me. Now." I say in a stern voice.

"She went out to deal with what ever and who ever did this to you." She says looking at me. She looked my right in the eyes when she said that.

"No, she is breaking the code. She promised me if I ever get hurt that she won't do anything." I growl at me. I start to get up but a big growl stops me from moving. I look at Sage to see that her wolf has taken over.

"The doctor said not to move much. And your lucky that me and Sage didn't go out. Alex and Rae have a right to do this. You have been hurt before but never like this in a way. You can act like it doesn't hurt but I can see it in your face. You could have died you feel from to high of a peek and you where already hurt so yes I let her go." Athena growls

"Athena please you don't know how bad this will mess her up. She will reget this." I say softly

"No she won't. You have always been the one to protect us Alpha. But as soon as you are hurt it effects us just as bad. For Alex its worse she is your sister I am too. We are your family. And I can promise you all of your brothers will not let you out of there site."

"What do you mean?"

"Keith is going to protect you. But Kal, Cole, and Jordan are going to protect you. We all still have the bond so Cole and Jordan will be here soon because they felt your pain. And don't forget about your Mate. Ace will never let anything get to like that again. Isn't that right boys," she looks at the boys. They nod in agreement. "And don't forget that Carly and Chloe are coming." She tells me.

"They are all somewhere in Brazil or Paris they won't be coming," I whisper to her.

"You underestimate your family." I huff and lay back down. Ace walks to the bed and lays on the side of me. I put my head on his chest.

"Look I will go out with her a trying to keep her at a little bay." Athena says I nod. She walks over and kisses my forehead "love ya," she whispers

"Love ya too Athena," I whisper back at her. She walks out of the room.

"How are you and what happened?" Ace asks me Keith has taken a seat beside the bed.

"We went out to have a run/race. I won of course. We where resting when we smelt the smell of rogue and got a little worried. So we climbed the trees so that we could see clear and scout the area. The others didn't see anything and I didn't either. All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain in my shoulders, stomach, and my left leg. I was in the highest tree so I fell about 35 feet to my back. I was out by then," I tell them. I started lightly laughing. The boys where looking at me like I was slowly going crazy.

"I wasn't fast enough, and I am the seconded fastest of my rogue family. Now I have a pain in both shoulders and I can barely move my left leg. My stomach has stop hurts I don't feel any pain in the torso." I mentally kick myself for that. I laugh at me, I was so stupid I let my gurad down. What if it wasn't me that got hurt what if it was someone else.

I stop laughing and put my head back on Ace's chest. Keith told us that he was going to back in a while he needed to go and do something. I have been sitting with my head on his chest for a while. I soon hear his steady heartbeat telling me that he fell asleep. I fell asleep in his arms in comfort I would be lieing if I told you didn't love falling asleep with him. I want to do that more often.