You're Safe

You smiled as you entered the BAU, carrying a couple of coffee trays. Rossi was the first one to spot you and smiled wide.

"If it isn't my favorite woman in the world."

You laughed. "I bet you say that to every woman who brings you coffee."

He chuckled as he took his named cup from your tray. "Only when they know just the right about of cream to add." He winked then left, his other hand holding a folder labeled urgent.

You pushed aside the sudden worry that bubbled up inside you. Usually, urgent files are the most dangerous ones. You have been around long enough to learn that much. Hotchner pulled you out of our thoughts as he approached you.

"Is it Thursday already?"

You nodded, handing him his cup. "Yup! Do you still want me to watch Jack on Saturday?"

Hotch took a sip and gave you a pleading look. "If you still don't mind. I wasn't planning on my babysitter getting married."

You laughed. "I'll let you know if anything sudden comes up but I'm pretty sure I'm not getting married anytime soon."

Hotch smiled in thanks as Emily and JJ bounded over.

"Good lord woman, I love you," Emily stated as she graciously took her drink and Morgan's.

JJ smiled at you as she took hers and Garcia's. "Any plans this weekend?"

You shook your head, taking the last cup in your hands and putting the trays under your arm. "Nothing too exciting. I have a new hire training tomorrow and I'm watching Jack on Saturday. He's never seen Indiana Jones so we are making a movie night out of it."

Emily smiled as she took a step forward, giving you a sly look that made you suddenly very much alert. "So no second star gazing dates with boy genius?"

You rolled your eyes and snorted. "First of all, it wasn't a date. It was an accident."

Emily snorted as she took a sip of her drink. "Accidents don't happen twice in one week."

You ignored her. "Secondly, he doesn't see me as any more than the coffee deliverer. Much less anything else." You stared at Spencer's cup in your hand, your scrawl of his name purposefully nicer than the others.

"Awe don't say that. I see the way you look at him. I bet you that's why you come over every Thursday." JJ smiled knowingly.

You blushed, not being able to help it as you spotted him on the other side of the room talking to Morgan. "I would come every day if I could spare the time," you sighed wistfully, "but alas I cannot compete with his genius mind."

Emily winked. "But he needs someone like you to ground him. To remind him to be human and not turn into a robot."

JJ nudged you with her elbow and nodded to Spencer as he made his way over. "If you come here for him why don't you score "accidentally" end up on the roof together again."

The two woman smiled and gave you encouraging looks as they left, giving the drinks they were holding to their respective owners. Morgan raised his drink, nodding to you in thanks. You nodded back, smiling.

"I trust you have been successful in staying away from locked rooftops."

You smiled warmly as you turned to Spencer, handing him his cup. "Seems that only happens when you are around."

Spencer gave you a small smile, taking the cup from you, his fingers lightly grazing yours. "And yet here you are."

"Here I am."