"Just Friends"

Hahahahahahaha....I just finished Stranger Things 2 in two days...please watch both seasons if you haven't already. You won't regret it. But I do regret not posting this on Wednesday. I really am turning into Liza Koshy....

You closed your eyes tightly and breathed hard as you pressed your back to the rough and slightly damp side of a barn. The rain that was just sprinkling moments before was now coming down in roaring sheets. Thunder clapped in the distance, the lighting illuminating your surroundings for a few seconds before plunging you into darkness once again. But the sound of the pack of barking dogs still grew closer. You had hiped with the new rain they would lose your scent. But it seemed to have only made them more upset.

You looked around when another flash of lightning lit up the area. From what you could tell you were in the middle of a farm, fields of probably wheat to your right and a thick wall of trees to a forest on your left. For the seventh time already in just the few moments behind the barn, you cursed to yourself for thinking you could venture on your own. Successfully.

The barking got closer and the goosebumps on your skin somehow grew. The hairs on the back of your neck started to stand up, your insides suddenly feeling tight. The barking was soon drowned out by a low hum deep in your ears. Your eyes grew wide as you connected the dots and booked it as far away from the barn as you could, mere seconds before the electrons in the air connected their dots and struck the barn's roof.

With an "oof" you were pushed to the ground from the power of the lightning, the area around you feeling charged and was filled with the smoke of the charred barn. You hit your head on the ground hard, the pain reaching down your neck as you blinked back the rain from your eyes. Getting up you took one look back at the smoldering barn and fleeing dogs before you turned back to the forest line, running as hard and fast you could.

The rain hadn't let up but once you passed through the cover of the trees you felt a bit easier to breathe without the constant pelting of the rain. The sky was still obscenely dark, making the forest all the darker. Besides the various flashes of lightning, you found yourself all alone in the dark.

Once your breathing was under control, you took the time to take the best estimated guess as to where you were and how far you were from the BAU campsite. Go camping as a team building project they said. It would be fun they said. The major bad guy we have been tracking for three weeks won't find us here they said. But the Unsub's pack of wolf-like dogs found you on day two and made quick work of separating you.

You let out a weak laugh and laid your head back on the tree, close your eyes, your shoulders shaking as the cold of the rain started to seep into your bones. You were excited to spend some time with your close friends and colleagues but getting separated from them while on a hike was not on the list. Suddenly your eyes shot open as your breathing quickened again. You weren't alone when you got separated from the others and started running from the back of dogs.

Spencer Reid was with you. But the two of you must have gotten separated once the dogs drove you both to the farm. You shook your head and pressed the heal of your hands to your eyes as you tried to remember where you last saw him. But a sound interrupted your thoughts. Your body tensed at the sound of a twig cracking followed by a steady fall of footsteps on the wet ground.

With every lightning strike, you scoured the forest as far as you could see, earnestly seeking out the sources of the sound. But you were too scared, you couldn't think right. You slowly started to walk backward as you searched and turned. Suddenly you bumped into something a lot softer than a tree. with a scream, you spun around and covered your head as you backed away from the unknown thing before you.

But gentle hands and a soft voice made you pause and look up.

"Whoa, hey, (Y/n)! It's just me, see?"

Spencer stood there, his hands up in a sort of surrender, his hair plastered to his face, his clothes dripping wet. His lips were pulled up in a shy smile as his eyes pinched in slight concern. Your whole body relaxed at the sight of the tall genius, your breathing returning to normal. You had always liked Spencer, but right now you could kiss him.

Letting your arms drop you let out a breath, shaking your head. "I thought I lost you."

Spencer took a step forward. "I thought I lost you too. Did they get to you at all?"

You took a step forward too, but tripped over nothing, your vision suddenly going blurry as your head throbbed. Spencer reached out, taking you by the elbows, his body slightly staggering from your sudden weight.

"(Y/n)!"

You let out a breath as you leaned your head against his chest, squeezing your eyes tight. "No, no, I'm good. I'm fine. I just hit my head when the lightning hit the barn."

"That was a huge hit." Spencer moved back so he could get a look at your face. "No blood. Good."

You slowly nodded your head, blinking pack the pain as you looked up at him. "Sorry. I guess it was harder a fall than I originally thought."

Spencer kept hold of your elbows as you felt him look around. But something didn't make sense. You looked up at him, his neck straining as he looked around, his somewhat dried long hair moving in the storm breeze. Your brows pinched as another lightning strike hit and you could see the same thing but in a brighter light. Then the light faded, but you could still see Spencer.

You tugged on his cardigan as you tried to search for the source of light. "Spence, hey, I can see you."

Spencer looked down at you, smiling slightly as he moved a piece of hair from your face. "Yeah, and I can see you."

You shook your head, the area quickly growing lighter by the second. "No, no. Like I can actually see you. It was pitch black earlier."

Spencer blinked then you watched as understanding lit up in his eyes. "You're right." Then he too started looking. Thankfully he had keener eyesight. Nodding his head, he indicated where he found the light source. "There, just past the edge of the wheat field."

You looked and nearly sagged with relief. Pretty far off was an old pick up, it's front lights pointed into the once seemingly thicker than mud forest, illuminating the trees around you. A third beam of light started moving about. The both of you winced as the light fell on your faces, making the two of you reach your arms up to block the light.

Before either of you could speak, the figure holding what turned out to be a very strong flashlight spoke first, his old voice thick with an accent but loud.

"Interestin' night for a lover's getaway. Not particularly good weather for it either."

Spencer smiled as he spoke. "Sorry, sir. It seems we've gotten lost." You took note that he didn't correct the man about your assumed relationship.

The old farmer chuckled as he moved his beam repeatedly to his car. "I'd say. Let's get you kids out of the rain."

Part two----->