My Turn

You coughed into your hand as you rushed away from the burning building, your breath forming small clouds in the crisp fall air. Police, firemen, and the rest of your BAU team rushed around, calling orders and checking for the killer. You felt a hand on your back causing you to let out a squeak of surprise, jumping a bit.

"Hey, are you alright?"

You turned and relaxed seeing Spencer's worried face looking down at you, his breath coming out in puffs. "Yeah, I'm alright. Just a bit winded."

He directed you to the back of an ambulance where you sat down and was giving a glass of water to wash down the soot in your throat. Spencer looked around as he stayed close to you. You watched as the fire was fought and forensics went in to check for bodies.

You glanced at Spencer nodding to the building. "Other than the unsub was there anyone else in there?"

Spencer shook his head, turning to you, his face still pinched in worry. "Yes only him. Thankfully, your team got out fast enough. Sorry I couldn't warn you sooner."

You stood to stand next to him, turning your head to study his face. "It's alright. No harm done." You followed his gaze to the building, a body bag being rolled out. "What's on your mind, Spence?"

He was quiet a moment before turning to look at you. "I don't think it's over. I'm not sure what it is yet but why would the unsub blow himself up in hopes of hurting us if the case is clearly still active. Not unless he had a backup plan."

You bit the inside of your cheek, nodding but not before your shoulders started to shake from the cold outside air. "Huh...That's true." Your body did a full shiver and your teeth chattered. "I had no idea how cold it was out here. But I think I left my jacket in the car." You turned to go get it. But Spencer stopped you, placing a hand on your arm.

"Here, let me, I need to grab mine too. And it looks like Rossi needs to talk to you."

Sure enough, the stout Italian was making his way toward you. You nodded to Spencer, smiling wide. "Thanks, Spence. Second car, back seat. It's blue."

Spencer nodded, giving you a small smile before heading off to the cars down the street. Once he arrived at the car, he glanced up at you and watched a moment as you spoke with Rossi. There was something about you that just made Spencer feel...warm and safe. Seeing you almost get blown up suddenly brought up feeling he wasn't sure he felt ready to acknowledge yet.

He opened the car door and was about to reach in for your jacket but a cold object was pressed against the back of his neck. Spencer's heart stopped and he froze. He could hear ragged breathing as he looked around, seeing if anyone was nearby. But even if he were to call out no one would be able to come to his aid. He hated that he left his gun by the ambulance. Stupid.

The person behind him shifted and sniffed. "One word and I'll blow your head off."

Spencer cleared his throat. "My friends, they are expecting me."

"Not anymore they aren't. Tell them your mother called and that she needs you right away."

Reid's stomach dropped at the mention of his mother. If they knew that much who knew what else they knew and could do. Carefully and taking as much time as he could, Spencer texted you, then put his phone away.

"I've done what you asked. Now, what do you want with me?"

They chuckled darkly as Spencer felt a hand grasp his arm and tugged him roughly away from the chaos and right under the noses of the BAU team. "I am just finishing what my master started."