Goodnight

Spencer took a deep breath as he held you in his arms, your head resting on his chest as he played with your hair

Spencer took a deep breath as he held you in his arms, your head resting on his chest as he played with your hair. His heart warmed at the feeling of your calm breathing and the soft touch of your arm around his middle.

You were slightly sick, your breathing a bit labored and your head filled with a cold. With great persuasion and a bit of bribery, he got you to take some sleeping medicine and then you were out like a light. He loved how cuddly you got when you were feeling under the weather. Though he tells people he isn't much of a cuddler he likes to with you. So he took it when he could get it.

He just kissed your brow when the sound of something hitting the house made him snap to attention. Not wanting to disturb you, Spencer lifts his head and strained his ears to hear for anything else. But after a solid minute of waiting and hearing nothing but your labored breathing, he closed his eyes and sighed, resting his head back down on his pillow.

Not a moment later he heard it again. But this time the sound of shattering glass followed. You let out a small noise as you snuggled closer to him, oblivious to Spencer's heightened awareness as he lifted his head again to hear and try to spot what was going on.

But being back in the master bedroom, far from the main part of the house, the young BAU agent couldn't see anything. He only listened as footsteps echoed through the night, each step making his heart pound with anticipation. Hopefully the intruder won't become to the back of the house because Spencer didn't want to wake you or put you in harm's way.

Spencer jumped and winced as he heard this books be thrown off their shelves. The kitchen was being ransacked and he could hear them moving all the furniture. But it was the second set of footfalls that made him hold his breath. The second intruder was closer and unnervingly knew the house well enough to know where they were going.

The sound of the bedroom door opening sent chills down his spine. Through the dark with only the light of the moon seeping through the blinds on the window for light, Spencer could make out the silhouette of a slight person standing at the foot of the bed. Instinctivly, Spencer held on to you as if that would keep you safe.

Before he could say anything the figure held up a gun, pointing it at your sleeping form. "Get up and kneel on the ground."

It was a woman. Already Spencer was running every case through his head that may have had an accomplice or a loose end with a sister, cousin, girlfriend, wife or fiance. But nothing came up. But he was finding it was proving difficult to think much of anything as he kept an eye on the gun pointed at you. He gently detached himself from you and knelt down like they said.

The woman intruder flinched as you let out a nasty cough. It didn't sound good at all. Once you stilled the stress in the room returned. The gun in the woman's hand steadied and her attention turned back to Spencer. Her eyes searched his face as much as his mind searched past cases.