Starring

You winced as you nodded to your second in command, Detective Scraff, as he helped you into a comfortable seat in the sheriff's office. You gingerly placed your leg up on another chair, wincing at the pain both in your leg and gut. You let out an angry breath of air as you were painfully reminded why you weren't out there finding the man who did this to you and much worse to five other women.

Thankfully the Detective walked back in, bringing a sizable group of well-dressed suits into your quaint establishment. A wide smile broke out over your face and you almost stood to greet them.

"No need Sheriff. I have a feeling we can take a pass on the formalities this time." A kind-faced man stepped forward, his lush dark hair deceiving you of his age until he got close and you could see the wisdom in his eyes. "SSA David Rossi."

You accepted his outstretched hand and smiled up at him. "You have no idea how glad I am to see you all here. Thank you for coming at such short notice. I heard you were enjoying some time off."

He smiled and shook his head kindly. "Don't worry about it. Means we do our job right and there's nothing more important than making sure we get these monsters behind bars." He then proceeded to introduce the rest of the group behind him. Emily and JJ smiled at you which you returned, Hotch seemed distant but gave you a nod and Tara waved. But that all meant nothing to you once your eyes landed on the last person in the group.

It's not every day you find your childhood friend looking hotter than the hottest man in Hollywood. And in a wool vest of all things. You let surprise and excitement widen your eyes as you took him in and beat Rossi at his name. "Spencer Reid." You shook your head, "Would you look at you, all grown up and kicking butt."

Spencer couldn't help but smile. That's what you used to tell him when you were younger. "Come on Reid! You gotta stand up straighter and kick butt!" He couldn't stop staring at you since he walked in. When he heard your last name he didn't want to get his hopes up that it was actually you.

You smirked and cleared your throat. "Since Spencer has short-circuited why don't you let my detective Scraff and I fill you in on what we have so far." You spared Spencer another glance but about choked at the endearing look he was giving you. You cleared your throat and nodded to the board covered in evidence and papers behind you.

"Five women dead and evidence of others who may be targeted." You let out a nervous laugh gesturing to your obviously injured body. "Please find this bigot and don't let my wounds throb in vain."

The group chuckled but quickly got back to work the joke about your wounds turning the reality of this chase on its head.

~

After the surprisingly quick briefing, Spencer tried to find a reason to stay longer to speak with you. The amount he missed you surprised him for sure, but your injuries worried him. He watched as you sat in your chair and explained the case, your face puckering in a slight wince from time to time.

He paid most of his attention to you, not saying much unless directly asked. Your leg was bandaged above the knee, the white fabric tinted a faint pink. And just by your strained movements, you were probably harboring another injury on your left side, most likely between the seventh and eighth rib. Being a profiler, and a proficient one at that helped immensely.

The group was about to split up and Spencer rushed up to Rossi, his mouth open with a question but Rossi beat him to it, raising a hand and chuckling.

"Hold up kid. Before you make yourself comfortable here staring at your Shariff,"

Spencer's eyes widened and his jaw slacked a bit, a small smile struggling to stay away. "I'm not starring."

Rossi rolled his eyes. "Just remember that the killer targeted her. Almost got her. You need to look after her too." The Italian agent chuckled to himself. "Though I have a feeling you won't have any problems with that."