Fort

You eagerly awaited our husband's return, your eyes flitting to the clock on the microwave as you put the living room back together after a long day of playing with the kids.  Penelope, JJ, and Emily had planned a night out for you since you hadn't been out since before your youngest was born. And that was way too long.

So you told Spencer and asked him to stay home alone with the kids for the night, assuring him that they would be fast asleep and no trouble at all. Luckily, it wasn't too hard to persuade him seeing as how he loved you more than anything else in this world (not including your kids of course).  The hard part was you being alright leaving him with the kids. Just because you were no longer in the BAU that didn't mean you were any less paranoid about this stupid world and the psychos in it.

But this was your husband, the man you trusted more than yourself. So when he walked through the front door, his face lighting up as he saw you, your fears for the night were put to rest. Spencer put away his keys and took off his coat as you stood, making your way over to him. You both met halfway, his hands finding your waist and your arms snaking around his neck. You smiled up at him, your fingers playing with the hair at the nape of his neck.

"Welcome home, Spence."

Spencer smiled, leaning his head down as he replied, his breath on your lips. "Glad to be home."

Your lips connected with his for a sweet kiss, your body filling with the same excited feeling you got the first time you kissed him. Spencer smiled into the kiss before pulling away, his eyes bright with love and adoration.

"Did the kids go to bed alright?"

You nodded, reluctantly pulling away from him as you went for the kitchen, pulling out dinner's leftovers for Spencer to heat up when he was ready.

"Sophia may be getting the start of an ear infection but I gave her something before she went down. Tasha put herself to bed early after a long day with Henry and Michael."

Spencer joined you in the kitchen, wrapping his arms around you from behind. He sent warm shivers through your body as he kissed your exposed neck and shoulder before resting his chin on your shoulder. You bit your lip to keep from sighing.

"When are the girls coming to get you?"

"Any minute now."

And just like that, there was a knock at the door, making the two of you jump. You smiled and placed a quick peck on your husband's lips before you left his embrace to answer the door. Suddenly a teeny tiny bit of you didn't want to go out tonight. But only a teeny tiny bit.

You opened the door and was immediately greeted by your lady friends bright-faced, dressed up, and excited. Penelope threw her hands up in the air and let out a loud whoop of excitement making you and Spencer rush to shut her up.

"SHHHHH!"

Penelope cowered shyly as she clamped her mouth shut. Emily and JJ laughed quietly as the tech wiz wordlessly mouthed an apology. Shaking your head good-naturedly, you turned to Spencer, placing a hand on his chest before reaching up to kiss him on the lips, smiling.

"Good luck with the girls."

Spener nodded, sticking his hands in his pockets. "Go on and have fun. Don't worry about us."

You slowly backed out, reaching for your purse by the door, not taking your eyes off of Spencer. "If Sophia wakes up again, give her another half dose of her antibiotic. Tasha should sleep through but if she wet her bed, tell her she can sleep in the bed in our room. Or with you. How ever you want to do that."