Incandescently Happy

kayliefanfics kindly requested this one! I hope you like it!

You shot up, breathing heavily as sweat soaked your shirt through. You tossed your feet over the side of the bed, placing your elbows on your knees as you held your head in your hands, regulating your breathing. Nothing good ever comes from having nightmares, especially when it keeps reacquiring. Taking and letting out a shaky breath, you stood and left your room as quietly as you could, not wanting to disturb your sleeping husband.

After grabbing a glass of your favorite drink and splashing your face with cold water, you headed back to your room. Quitely, you shut the door behind you then tiptoed to the bed. Slowly you slid back under the sheets, trying your hardest not to move the bed. With a relieved breath, you rested your head back on your pillow and closed your eyes, relaxing. But not two seconds later you opened your eyes in surprise as you felt arms wrap around your middle, pressing your back against a warm chest, a kiss placed at the back of your neck.

"Are you alright?" Spencer's voice rasped as he continued to kiss your neck, moving to your shoulder then up and behind your ear.

A small smile pulled at your lips as you relaxed even more against him, letting the feel of his skin on yours warm you.

"I am now."

He hummed against your skin as he pressed his face against the crook of your neck, resting his face as his hair tickled your neck. You shivered but loved the feeling. The two of you didn't move for several moments as a slightly uncomfortable silence fell. You made nonsense shapes on his arms and hands as he held you while your mind ran.

Your nightmares usually consist of three things; Spencer getting hurt, your inability to have a child, and you getting taken by the FBI for a rule you didn't know you broke. Why those three kept popping up, you didn't know, but what you did know was that it was starting to get old and affect you emotionally. Tonight you dreamt your baby was taken by CS after Spencer was injured in a case accident you caused. You weren't ready to delve into how that truly made you feel. 

"Where are you?" Spencer whispered against your skin.

You blinked, coming back to reality. "I'm back," you whispered, "go back to sleep, dear."

You felt Spencer pull back, his breath hitting your skin as he spoke. "You had another nightmare, didn't you?"

You sighed, turning in his arms so you were face to face. you placed your hands on his bare chest and looked anywhere but in his sad looking eyes. 

"Yes. No use in lying."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He reached up a hand from your waist to stroke your hair.

You shook your head. "No, I'd rather not." You snuggled deeper into the covers, moving so you could rest your head on his chest. "Just hold me. Please."

Without a word, Spencer moved so you were comfortable, his hand now running through your hair. You reached up and kissed his jaw in a silent thank you. You closed your eyes and tried to sleep, hoping the gentle rhythm of his heartbeat would lull you into a better dream. But as it turned out, not fifteen minutes later and neither one of you were asleep.

Spener kissed the top of your head. "That bad huh?"

You sighed, pushing up on his chest so you could look at him. You practically laid on him, both his hands moving to your lower back. You reached up and stroked some of his hair from his face. The light from the street lamps outside casting slight shadows about the room but his kind eyes shone brightly making you feel better already.