Ill-advised (pt 2)

Told ya I'll have it right up ;) Uh, just a heads up, this does mention rape but then again, if y'all watch this show, you should be used to that by now <<< a sentence I never thought I'd ever need to say in my life...

You rubbed your eyes and groaned as you turned from your back to your side, tasting the morning in your mouth. Your eyes refused to open and your body ached. Death was a generous description of what you were felling at the moment. But you had an unsub to catch as well as a bunch of friends to convince that you were not wrong to come despite being sick.

After groaning for a solid minute and a half, you pushed yourself up to a sitting position, rubbing slobber from your face and pulling hair out of your mouth. You cracked your eyes open, your head nearly splitting in the prosses from the amount of light that was in your room. With groggy vision, you looked at the clock at your bedside table.

11:47 am

You all but fell off the bed, your legs effectively wrapped up in the sheets. However, your pounding head and nauseated stomach made it impossible to get anywhere farther than the bathroom. So when your hotel room door opened and you heard footsteps enter your room, you closed your eyes and leaned your head against the tub, letting the cool porcelain combat your rising temperature. 

"Either slice my throat or let me die in peace," you called out to your intruder, "Though a swift end would be appreciated."

The clinking of glasses and the sound of something being placed on a counter was soon followed by the footsteps entering the bathroom. The smell that complained your visitor instantly made you want to relax and throw up at the same time. Breakfast foods and library books. 

"Actually, slicing the throat isn't the most effective way to kill someone, nor the cleanest," Spencer's voice filled the bathroom, his suppressed laughter with underlying worry bouncing off the acoustic walls. You could feel him kneel down next to you, his warmth making you feel safe. 

"Mmmm," you mumbled as you leaned toward him, keeping your eyes closed as you felt him take you into his arms and lift you up off the bathroom floor. "And how exactly would one effectively kill an unsuspecting sick woman at death's door?"

Spencer helped you wrap your arms around his neck, your head falling against his shoulder. "Despite how movies portray it, holding the head back and exposing the throat actually hides the carotid artery and windpipes behind neck muscles, pinching them slightly as well," Spencer grunted a bit as he hoisted you into his arms, bridal style, carrying you back to your bed as he spoke. "The best way is to sneak up behind them as I could have easily done to you, and use a well-sharpened knife to stab them in the back, thrusting in and up into one of the lungs. As the victim is struggling to breathe, your hand on their nose and mouth not helping them you can either leave them to suffocate in mere moments or you can quickly remove the knife and then slice their throat. But that will still result in a messy blood spray."

You groaned as Spencer gently set you down on your bed, pulling whatever blanket he could find up to cover you. You rubbed your face and shook your head slightly, your other hand pressed against your stomach as if to keep it's nonexistent contents down. You let out a bit of a cough.

"Why did I even ask?" You peeked an eye open and all but glared at him. 

Spencer chuckled as he pulled up a chair next to you, picking up a glass of water and a few pills off the tray you noticed on your "kitchen" table. He handed you the pills and helped you drink as you struggled to keep yourself up. 

"I take it you aren't feeling any better." Spencer placed the cup down, looking at you with worry. 

You closed your eyes and let out a breath as you relaxed into your bed. "I should have just stayed home," your voice was quiet and a bit horse.