Magical

AndreaVaco-Here is a suuuuuper late Valentine's Day special

AndreaVaco-Here is a suuuuuper late Valentine's Day special. I love your idea and hope this works for ya! 

You slumped against your apartment door, shutting it behind you as you kicked off your shoes. Running a hand through your hair, you tossed your to-go bag full of dirty clothes onto your couch and walked into the kitchen. 

You loved your job, truly, you did, but man...sometimes there were things you had to do and things you had to see that really shook you to the core. And this last case was no different. You broke down and cried right in front of JJ. She didn't mind, of course, she held you and helped you freshen up. But it was afterward when Spencer came over and just gave you a huge hug, not saying anything that you truly let go. 

Spencer held you for as long as you needed, rocking you slightly, rubbing your back and stroking your hair. You were positive you would never leave his arms, ever, until Morgan came in, cat calling and all. 

But the Brute Force stopped when he saw your tear-stained cheeks and red puffy eyes. No one had to say anything to know why. Morgan gave you a quick hug, nodding to Spencer before he left, saying he didn't need to be in the room anyways. 

Spencer looked at you, bitting the inside of his cheek. You only needed to glance at him to know what he was debating on saying. 

"I'm alright Spence. It's just..."

"It's okay (Y/n). We are human. Sometimes when we are emotionally stimulated too much we respond by crying. It's the best way our body can tell us that we are taking too much in all at once. Once I cried when my mom gave me too many options for my Halloween costume."

You snorted, smiling weakly. "I'm sure you wanted to be all of them."

Spencer shook his head, looking off into the distance. "No, actually. I knew what I wanted to be, she was just trying to help change my mind since I had been it for two years already."

You sniffed, wiping your face of your remaining tears. "And what was that?"

A corner of his mouth lifted in a shy smile. "A magician."

You smiled wider, nodding. "I am not surprised one bit."

Spencer let his smile grow as he looked down at you, reaching up to stroke some hair away from your eyes. "But she gave in and let me be Magic Spence for the third year running. I would have worn it all year round if I hadn't continued growing."

"I bet you looked adorable."

"My mom sure thought so."

The two of you just looked at each other, glad that your spirits were lifted. But, slowly, Spencer's smile faltered. He took a step closer and lowered his voice. He played with some of your soft hair between his fingers.

"Are you sure you are alright?"

You took a deep breath and nodded. "Yeah, I'll be alright. Let's just get this unsub before any more children go missing."