Toast

I know I have a whole update about thanking you guys but GUHHHH! I am so touched by the wonderful responses! I just want to give you all a head's up that I will do my best to do most of them, I will get to the personal ones, and I have a few ideas that I just might bunch together. I will tag those that gave me the ideas (credit, as little as it may be must ALWAYS be due where it is deserved). I have a couple of OC one shots I will try out just for the sake of trying haha so sit back and get ready for some stories sparked all thanks to you guys ;)

This one is a collective idea that I figured you'd enjoy since it's winter time now haha (if you do not like toast...predent it's something simple to prepare that you DO like haha)

You breathed warmth into your hands and rubbed them together, your body shaking as you stood out in the late November air. You don't usually go out at ten pm and go knocking on your colleague's door but Spencer had your toaster and you were really in the mood for some toast.

You knocked again which felt like the millionth time as you switched from foot to foot, bouncing on the balls of your feet to keep from freezing over. You desperately wished you had worn your heavy coat instead of a jacket and a thin (Hogwarts house) scarf. You tucked your chin into your scarf as you let out a breath and closed your eyes. You reached up to knock on the door one more time but this time your hand came into contact with something warm and soft.

"Can I help you, (Y/n)?" Came Spencer's voice laced with laughter and sleep.

You looked up quickly, your eyes wide. "OH! Uh," of course your teeth started to chatter as you tried to get your thoughts together. Seeing Dr. Spencer Reid in a robe with mussed hair and a half-asleep smile wasn't something you'd think would catch you off guard but here you were. "I Uh, I came for, for my toaster."

Spencer's brows pinched as he looked at his watch. "At ten pm?"

Your breath came out in little puff clouds as you nodded your head. "Yes. I know. But I'm craving toast and didn't feel like waiting, as is the definition of 'craving'." Your teeth chattered again as you rubbed your arms up and down.

Spencer scratched his head as he looked at you with an endearing smile. He took a step forward, showing really soft looking slippers, and gently took ahold of your arm to pull you into his warm apartment.

The first thing you noticed was, of course, how warm it was. Looking around you found his little fireplace glowing softly with the remains of his last burn. Books were strewn about the living room, a throw blanket haphazardly tossed over the top of the couch, a pillow still imprinted with the depression of where Spencer was laying down. He must have fallen asleep while reading. You almost felt bad about waking him up but your stomach growled and you didn't feel bad any more.

Shutting the front door behind you, Spencer then guided you to his living room where your wet shoes squeaked on his clean floor. He looked down at his hand on your arm as you looked at him, your body slowly warming up from where he was touching you.

Spencer cleared his throat as he let go of your arm and nodded to the toaster in the kitchen. "Do you have something to tell me."

You looked at him with a slightly puzzled smile. "Tell you what? That I love food?  You already know that."

Spencer chuckled. "You are just behaving a loke like a woman who's pregnant. Cravings make pregnant women do some pretty interesting things, like come knocking at her friend's door for her toaster after dark and while it's seven degrees outside."

You let out a snort, shaking your head as you slowly made your way closer to your glorious toaster. "Craving food is essential to survival. Just like warmth."