Open Arms

You blinked, wincing at the bright lights blaring around you

You blinked, wincing at the bright lights blaring around you. Voices echoed, thundering in your head, pain throbbing in beat with your heart all over your body. You opened your mouth but something over your face made it difficult to speak. You looked around wildly, blinking fast as you tried to make sense of the faces around you. But it wasn't until you heard your name that suddenly everything came rushing back.

"Wait, wait please," you croaked. You reached out, grasping at nothing as your hospital bed was rushing through double doors and farther away from the voice you knew. "Spencer!"

~~~~

Spencer tried to race after you but was stopped by Luke and Rossi, their words of comfort meaning nothing to him. "(Y/N)!" He looked around wildly, reaching out and grabbing hold of the first nurse he saw. "Please! My-my wife. Is she going to be alright? What happened?"

THe nurse shook her head in apology, tugging her arm away as she rushed off. But a doctor close by over heard. He walked up to Spencer, nodding in the direction you were rushed off to.

"You related to her?"

Spencer didn't take his eyes off the doors as he nodded, his voice quiet. "Yes. I'm her husband. We were just married."

"Congratulations. I take it you weren't told what happened."

Spencer merely shook his head, swallowing hard as he tried to ignore the sound of your voice calling out to him just moments before.

The doctor continued. "She was in a wreck. The car buckled and twisted in half. She was thrown out the car and onto piles of debris on the road. She and two others were in the wreck but she was the only one who made it out alive."

A huff of hair left Spencer's body like he just got punched in the gut. He sat down heavily and rubbed his face. The doctor kept explaining what he knew but Spencer wasn't listening anymore. He just wanted to see you.

~~~~

You gave everyone weak smiles as they turned to go, leaving you with your husband. You had to go into surgery but thankfully everything was alright. Mostly. But now that the others had left you couldn't bring yourself to look at Spencer. He sat next to you, your hand held in both of his.

"(Y/n)..."

Tears fell as you licked your lips and looked down. A sob threatened to burst but you held it down. Instead, you picked at a small hole in your hospital blanket. Surely he must know.

Spencer tried again, pulling his chair closer. "Please (Y/n), we need to talk about this."

You nodded weakly, sniffing and reaching over to place your other hand on his arm, your gaze still averted. "I know," you whispered, "I just want to remember what a happy marriage will feel like, since..."

Spencer shook his head and reached up, gently bringing your head over to his as he kissed your brow. "We will still have a happy marriage. Nothing has changed that. We will get through this together. we can do anything together."