Calm Doctor

wintersoldat1917-so kindly requested a jealous/protective Reid. And so, a jealous/ protective Reid you shall have! I hope you liked it!

"Is it bad that I really really don't want this one to be the unsub?" You whispered into your earpiece as you watched your very handsome "dinner date" stalk toward you. 

Penelope's voice answered back. "Oh, honey. How much do you want to bet he has a cute cat, dotes on his nieces earning him the title of favorite uncle, and kisses his mom on the cheek?"

You smirked, looking down at your dress, smoothing it with your slightly shaking hands as you cleared your throat. "When he's not busy doing yoga, making healthy but delicious protein shakes, and intense gym sessions."

"I am so glad I know what I need to do to impress women." Your eyes flicked to Morgan across the restaurant, his glasses making him look a little ridiculous but you could see his smirk. "I had no idea kissing my mom's cheek meant so much."

"Does anyone else feel slightly uncomfortable?" Came Rossi's voice making you bite back a laugh. 

"I do," Spencer replied.

At the sound of his voice, you immediately sought him out but then remembered he was back at the base, not much help out in the field with a crutch for his injured leg. But that didn't stip your lips from forming a small smile. 

You were going to reply but Chris Patterson was close enough to catch your eye and smile, a small dimple appearing on his left cheek, his blue eyes gleaming. You smiled back, chiding yourself for the small flip of attraction you felt. 

he's under investigation, he's under investigation, he's under investigation

You kept telling yourself over and over until you were forced to greet him. Standing, you reached your hand out, taking his as he stepped closer. 

"Chris Patterson?" You smiled.

"(Y/n) (L/n)?" He raised a brow but smiled.

"Someone has to be." You nodded, adding a giggle as you motioned for him to sit across from you. "Thank you for setting this up."

"Thank you for meeting me. I was worried I would have come off a little too forward." He sat, looking very comfortable and slightly shy. 

You raised a shoulder, trying to keep to the script as best you could. "I don't know much of anything exciting happens when you play things safe."

Something glinted in Chris's eyes, making you shiver. But it was gone as soon as it appeared. He picked up his water glass and raised as if to give a toast, his dimple returning. 

"Truer words have never been spoken."

It surprised you how easily the two of you fell into conversation. Dinner came and went but it wasn't until halfway through your dessert did you remember you were actually on the job and not really on a real date. But you didn't want to lose what progress you were making so when Chris suggested going to go see a late movie, you readily accepted, ignoring the various warning tones in your ear. But the voice of the local sheriff told you to stay with him, Hotch reluctantly agreeing. So you complied, ignoring the tiny pinch of anxiety you felt when you took his hand to lead you out of the restaurant. 

~~~~~

Spencer wanted to pull his hair out. Watching you walk hand in hand with the Unsub out of the restaurant sent chills down his spine, making his neck hurt. He gripped the back of Penelope's chair, making her look back at the nervous doctor.