Choices

Huge A/N at the end explaining my absence

CurlyCue17-Oh my gosh, I really REALLY hope I didn't butcher your OC! I tried my best to give her the type of personality I thought you would give her, so please don't hate me! But man this was fun to write

CurlyCue17-Oh my gosh, I really REALLY hope I didn't butcher your OC! I tried my best to give her the type of personality I thought you would give her, so please don't hate me! But man this was fun to write. I hope y'all liked it as much as I did writing it!

"And here we have 27-year-old Savannah Williams, she sustained blunt force trauma to about fourteen places on her body from head to toe. Literally."

Claire Kleiner, twenty-five and bursting with energy, came rushing into the conference room out of breath and haphazardly put together. She might as well have just rolled out of bed from how she felt her loose dark blonde hairs tickle her neck and cheeks.

Penelope was finishing up on a case briefing but paused when she saw her hot mess of a friend. "Oh good, you're not dead."

Everyone looked at Claire, making the woman blush and hurry to a seat, sitting down with a huff and shy smile. "Sorry. I-I kinda just lost track of time." She tried not to look at Spencer who she so happened to sit next to, his scent already making her cheeks flush warmer.

"You look all out of sorts," Spencer commented softly, a small smile tugging at his lips making Claire roll her eyes to hide the fact she really hated herself for looking like this in front of him, not only in front of all her co-workers.

Rossi smiled warmly. "It's nice to see the one who's most put together all out of sorts for a change."

"Yes, but I'd prefer everyone were here, on time," Hotch stated with a raised brow.

Claire nodded. "Yes sir, it won't happen again. Promise."

JJ snorted. "Don't tell me you started taking up lying as well as tardiness."

Morgan shook his head, taking a pen out of his mouth that he was chewing on. "Don't blame her, she's just flustered by the fact Boy Genious has seen her in her natural state."

The bald agent grunted and nearly fell off his chair in order to dodge the flying binder and its murderous files tucked inside. Rossi laughed and JJ smiled. Hotch rolled his eyes but Claire didn't miss the slight crinkle at their edges as he called for them to get back to the briefing.

But before Claire could get herself all caught up on the case once Morgan gave her back her files, Spencer leaned over and whispered only for her to hear.

"Did you forget to set your alarm?"

Claire shook her head, glancing at his chocolate eyes, almost regretting it immediately when she couldn't look away. "I set it but my music was too high. I got lost again."

Spencer bit back a smile, his eyes bright with mirth. "I wonder what it's like to get lost in something you love."

"Don't you love this?" Claire gestured to the area around her and the rest of the team, her brows furrowed and her voice low. "You can be anything and you chose this."