Suit and Tie

I JUST WANT TO UPLOAD ON TIME...I got in a minor but jarring wreck Wednesday morning (I am totally fine, just super sore) so that's why I'm uploading on Thursday...sorry

You bit your lip as you pulled at the flattering dress that hugged your body, your mind wandering to all the things that could go wrong in this nice dress. Drink spill, dip drip, accidental hand wipe on the leg, a sneeze gone wrong, or even sitting down too hard might make it tare. Nice things didn't last long around you. But you had to try your hardest. JJ, your cousin, was getting married and she asked you to be her maid of honor at her little wedding. So there went your plans to sit in the shadows and stuff your face with all of Rossi's finger foods.

Walking out of the bathroom you were using you spotted movement out the window. There on the other side of the house and through the glass, you could see Spencer talking with JJ's son, Henery. With a ghost of a smile pulling at your lips you soon found your legs taking you to them before you could stop yourself.

You leaned against the doorframe watching with a growing smile as Spencer played little magic tricks with something in his hands. Probably not the best idea to pretend to lose the wedding ring but it was making the young boy smile and Spencer looked like he was enjoying himself.

But a sudden voice made Spencer jump, dropping the ring making Henry laugh. Penelope's voice echoed through the house as she called for Henry. The little boy smiled as he turned and ran to Aunty PG, leaving you with Spencer.

Standing, Spencer was pleasantly surprised to see you standing at the doorway, your smile lighting up your face as you watched the young boy rush off. Silently, Spencer walked up to you, sticking his hands in his pockets, his fingers messing with the ring as he cleared his throat right next to you. You jumped slightly, making him laugh.

"Sorry," Spencer laughed, though you knew he felt quite the opposite.

You rolled your eyes as you slipped your arm through his. "No, you're not. But I forgive you." You gave him a small side smile.

Spencer chuckled, shaking his head slightly as if trying to hide the blush you could so plainly see. You smiled to yourself and hugged his arm tighter. Aimlessly, the two of you walked side by side, the bride and groom still getting ready. You suddenly found yourself on the verge of tears. The team had been so kind and accepting when you first arrived at the BAU. After everything that happened with JJ's sister, you wanted to look into human behavior. Over time you found yourself oddly good at it and while JJ was visiting after just having Henry, she suggested you join. Or at least apply.

Two months later you were on your first case and found yourself stumbling about like a newborn infant when it came to rules and procedure. You just wanted to catch the bad guy, not wait around for more evidence if you could already tell who it was. Stupid legality system. But it was Spencer who helped you around the new place and feel more comfortable.

Quickly, the two of you took to each other well. Best friends who were nearly glued at the hip. You told him everything and in return, you did your best to cook him meals as he listened to you. And he told you everything, but in return, he massaged you, his hands literal gifts from God. Your bond was one everyone envied whether they knew it or not. It was hard to find one of you without the other.

After your first year, you started to notice little things about him. The way his brows would pinch when he was thinking. The way he stared so coldly at the ground while he took control of his emotions. The way he moved his hair out of his eyes. The way his lips moved slightly up when he got something right or heard you muttering under your breath. The way he watched you when he thought you weren't looking. The way he found any moment to touch your hand or stand close to you. The way he played with children. The way his smile lit up the room. The way his laugh set your heart aglow.

Little things like that slowly turned a heart full of friendship into a heart full of love. And as you walked there with him, your arm in his, his shoulder touching yours, his hand lightly placed on top of yours, you suddenly found yourself overwhelmed with the realization that you loved him.

Sniffing, you wiped at your escaping tears hurridly but the ever observant genius saw you, his legs stopping as he turned to you with question in his eyes. You turned to him, smiling up at his beautiful face through already pooling eyes.

Spencer reached up and cupped your cheek, wiping the fresh tears away, his brows pinched. "(Y/n), are you alright?"

You smiled, reaching up to rest your hand on his outstretched his arm. "Yeah," you whispered, not fully confident in your voice not cracking from the lump in your throat, "just being an emotional woman."

Spencer couldn't help but smile, shaking his head enough to move his soft locks. "You are a perfect woman. who just so happens to experience high levels of emotions in sudden spurts from time to time. Completely normal. Especially if you are ovulating or menstruating."

You let out a gut-busting laugh, leaning on his hand as you tried not to fall. Spencer joined in, now that he thought through what he just said. You weren't offended nor embarrassed (despite him being completely right), you were just so happy there was a man like him who knew only two things, how to catch bad guys and how to make women fall in love with him.

Clearing your throat, you calmed down and stood straight, looking up at him now with a wide smile and a few little remaining laughs. "Spencer, do you know how much I love you?"

Spencer looked you in the eyes for a moment, just searching your face. Slowly you became worried that you crossed a line. You had both said it as a passing thought from time to time and as friends, but you weren't sure if this time he could tell you actually held something by it. But that worry was quickly squelched when he slid both arms around you as he stepped closer, his face nearly touching your own. A corner of his lips lifted as he spoke.

"Not as much as I love you."

Your breath caught. Something was definitely different in the way he said it this time. Way different. But all you could do was blink as you stared up at him, your heart beating wildly. Spencer let out a little laugh as you open and closed your mouth.

Taking a quiet deep breath, you stared eye level at his bowtie. Your hands had gone up his arms, grasping onto his suit as you figured out what you wanted to say. But you gave up and just said the first thing that came to mind.

"Really? That is...that is a lot."

Spencer smiled. "Yes, it is. And I wouldn't say it unless I meant it."

You looked him in the eyes this time, your whole body suddenly warm and light. "But something is different this time...right?"

Gently, Spencer pulled you to him and you closed your eyes as he pressed a gentle kiss to your forehead. You felt like you were just enveloped with a warm heavy blanket that you had no intention of leaving. Pulling back, Spencer gave you a shy smile as he wrapped your arm in his again, leading the two of you back to the house.

"I hope there is something even just a little bit different. I have something to ask you. But that can wait until after tonight. It's JJ's day, I don't want to distract you."

You slowly came back to reality, your mind going every which direction with every word he said. But smiling, you leaning against his arm, breathing in his safe scent.

"Too late for that, Spence."

You felt spencer chuckle followed by a light pressure on your head as he kissed you again. You couldn't shake your smile as the two of you came up to the house where Rossi was motioning for the two of you to hurry up.

But you didn't' want to hurry up. As much as you loved JJ, the man right next to you, the very man you have loved for perhaps the whole time you have worked with him, may possibly return the exact feelings you have for him. And you were at least eighty-five percent sure you knew what he wants to tell you. You wanted to stay in this moment forever, a blip in time where everything felt right and exceptionally wonderful.